ADVERTISEMENT

#1 and #2 Mountain Empire Girls B-Ball?

2kings4

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 24, 2016
Winchester,VA
With my understanding of Region C Girls neither Galax nor GW will play PM until the region final depending on who wins Galax vs GW 4.

Galax vs GW 3 will not have any meaning, whereas the winner of Galax vs GW 4 plays PM and gets spot at state.

Why would they switch to this new format? PM vs RR and Galax vs EM are games that need to be eliminated from play not added.

Only thing that can happen here is your star could get injured in a meaningless game.

Possible Region C Tournament?

1. Parry McCluer 11-0; 19-2 vs 8. Rural Retreat 7-5; 13-8
4. Covington 6-3; 9-9 vs 5. Bland 6-6; 12-11

2. Galax 11-1; 18-3 vs 7. Eastern Montgomery 5-6; 6-15
3. George Wythe 10-2; 13-9 vs 6. Narrows 6-3; 11-8

SEMIFINALS
Feb. 21 at Eastern Montgomery High School
4/5 winner vs. 1/8 winner-game added under new format, seems like they have taken two steps backwards

3/6 winner vs. 2/7 winner****Galax vs GW?

With my understanding of Region C Girls neither Galax nor GW will play PM until the region final depending on who wins Galax vs GW 4.

Galax vs GW 3 will not have any meaning, whereas the winner of Galax vs GW 4 plays PM and gets spot at state.

Why would they switch to this new format? PM vs RR and Galax vs EM are games that need to be eliminated from play not added.

Only thing that can happen here is your star could get injured in a meaningless game.

Possible Region C Tournament?

1. Parry McCluer 11-0; 19-2 vs 8. Rural Retreat 7-5; 13-8
4. Covington 6-3; 9-9 vs 5. Bland 6-6; 12-11

2. Galax 11-1; 18-3 vs 7. Eastern Montgomery 5-6; 6-15
3. George Wythe 10-2; 13-9 vs 6. Narrows 6-3; 11-8

SEMIFINALS
4/5 winner vs. 1/8 winner-game added under new format, seems like they have taken two steps backwards

3/6 winner vs. 2/7 winner****Galax vs GW?
Here is the real information about Region C
GW and Galax will only meet in the Region Final because Galax is number # 1seed and GW number 2
REGION 1C
Schools: Auburn, Bath County, Bland County, Covington, Craig County, Eastern Montgomery, Galax, Highland County, Parry McCluer, Narrows, Rural Retreat, George Wythe-Wytheville.

Who gets in: Four teams from Mountain Empire District, four teams from Pioneer District

QUARTERFINALS
Feb. 19 at higher seeds
Pioneer #4 at Mountain Empire #1
Mountain Empire #3 at Pioneer #2
Mountain Empire #4 at Pioneer #1
Pioneer #2 at Mountain Empire #2

SEMIFINALS
4/5 winner vs. 1/8 winner
3/6 winner vs. 2/7 winner

CHAMPIONSHIP
Feb. 23 at Eastern Montgomery
Semifinal winners, 7:30 p.m.

QUARTERFINALS Feb. 19 at higher seeds Pioneer #4 at Mountain Empire #1 Mountain Empire #3 at Pioneer #2 Mountain Empire #4 at Pioneer #1 Pioneer #2 at Mountain Empire #2 SEMIFINALS Feb. 21 at Eastern Montgomery High School 4/5 winner vs. 1/8 winner 3/6 winner vs. 2/7 winner QUOTE said:
OK and....you pasted and copied Pioneer #2 plays twice....so you are saying GW would be considered the fourth seed instead of third?

Pioneer

1 Parry McCluer
2 Covington
3 Narrows
4 Eastern Montgomery

Mountain Empire

1 Galax
2 George Wythe
3 Bland
4 Rural Retreat-Got beat first round of district tournament so I placed them

If they finish like this the 1st rd will be:

1 PM vs 4 RR
1 Galax vs 4 EM
2 Covington vs 3 Bland
2 GW vs 3 Narrows

How is the second round seeded?

They have down the 3/6 game and 4/5 game how is the 3-6 seeds determined?

Narrows beat Covington last night to finish # 2 so they would switch places in the bracket and Craig Co would be in over EM because they have tied and Craig won both of the games in the regular season. This could all change depending on the tournament . But I think this is how the second round would go

I believe PM would take on the winner of the GW/Covington and Galax/Craig Co would take on the Narrows/Bland winner

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT