SATURDAY MARCH 9, 2019
Session V
11:00 am - Class 1 Girls Championship Game
1:00 pm - Class 1 Boys Championship Game
Session VI
4:30 pm - Class 2 Girls Championship Game
6:30 pm - Class 2 Boys Championship Game

https://www.vhsl.org/brackets/basketball/

Do we think the intent is to clear the building and charge new admission for each two-game session? I could see that for the first two days, but for Saturday, I don't see how the second game could end around 3:00 or so, and expect to have the crowd emptied and re-filled for a 4:30 game. One of the nice things about this whole event was the idea of paying your 10 bucks and seeing three or more games if so inclined, so I will be annoyed if they have changed that aspect of it.

Do we think the intent is to clear the building and charge new admission for each two-game session? I could see that for the first two days, but for Saturday, I don't see how the second game could end around 3:00 or so, and expect to have the crowd emptied and re-filled for a 4:30 game. One of the nice things about this whole event was the idea of paying your 10 bucks and seeing three or more games if so inclined, so I will be annoyed if they have changed that aspect of it.
I would not be surprised
tho I have have not seen that officially yet

I remember going early in the morning and staying all day and catching 6 games. Those days are long gone though.

Thanks for sharing. This certainly seems to indicate that their intent is to clear out the place between 3:00 and 4:30 on Saturday and charge again for the late Saturday session, but I still see that as a difficult thing to accomplish.

Thanks for sharing. This certainly seems to indicate that their intent is to clear out the place between 3:00 and 4:30 on Saturday and charge again for the late Saturday session, but I still see that as a difficult thing to accomplish.
they did it last year

They might have one day but they did not on the day I went. I got there to see the end of the PM girls game, and stayed for the Lancaster boys game, the Central Wise girls game, and the highly-entertaining Gate City/Lee game, all for just 10 bucks. I think that was all on a Saturday too but it might have been a different day.

They might have one day but they did not on the day I went. I got there to see the end of the PM girls game, and stayed for the Lancaster boys game, the Central Wise girls game, and the highly-entertaining Gate City/Lee game, all for just 10 bucks. I think that was all on a Saturday too but it might have been a different day.

That was Friday...last year they split Saturday into two sessions but Thursday and Friday were just one session. I don't see the point in making two sessions, especially in the middle of the week, they certainly aren't in danger of an overflow crowd and there aren't enough people attending all the sessions for them to make any significant extra revenue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT