ADVERTISEMENT

(2A East) Clarke County vs Brunswick

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Brunswick girls basketball jumps out to 11-2 lead early on Clarke County in 2A East Region Quarterfinals

Brunswick lead 13-7 over Clarke County after 1st quarter of 2A East Region quarterfinal game

The Eagles already have scored as many points as Maggie "May" Walker did on Tuesday ... for four quarters!

Re: FINAL: Brunswick 67 Clarke 50 nm

All good things must come to an end.. Great season for Eagle Basketball. It was a blast to follow along.

If you see Mr Emmart, Mr.Hart, Mr. McCaw, Mr Santmyer, Mrs. Downing, Mr.Downing Ms. Payton, Mr Owens. Thank them for all the hard work, patients and dedication to the Kids of Clarke...

THANK YOU
rc

Well, it looks like Clarke competed very well. One Brunswick supporter "promised" the margin would be over 40 and even I said probably no team could stay within 20-25 of the Bulldogs (except Floyd, perhaps). Well, I'm glad I was wrong on that matter. Yes, Brunswick was in control most of the way and had a lead in the mid20s until the last few minutes. But the Eagles certainly went a long way to compete against a powerhouse and didn't have their cans kicked like MW (or most anyone else Brunswick whips up on) did. Chrane got 24 so that shows you what she can do against anybody. Hopefully, she can get first-team all-state because she definitely deserves it, in my humble opinion. Eight slots now for all-state, so it should happen. Clarke returns 10 of its 12 varsity players next season. Good luck in the future!

Brunswick has all 5 positions covered, point to post, can score inside and out, and can do so about 8-10 deep.
Fresh legs make their court smaller and their opponents court longer. With their depth, the opponent must defend all 5 straight up. No gimmics, double-teams, etc. A rare quality in 2A, which is why BSHS will go all the way. No doubt about it.

Definitely agree Base, Chrane deserves to be an all-state selection.Had a great year while playing hurt for the entire season.Hopefully she an A.B.C. can start out healthy next year and make a great run in their senior season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT