ADVERTISEMENT

2A Semi-Finals

Keith_Stone33

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2013
I think Central-Wise and Floyd are the 2 favorites, even though Floyd was the runner-up.

I don't look for the Central/Wilson game to be very close, and if I was putting a spread on this game I'd have Central as an 18 point favorite. I think Wilson is a great team, and they pretty well dominated their playoff games (excluding the championship), but playing defending state champion central at VCU is a whole different ball game.

Floyd and Clarke is the more intriguing match-up to me. I think Floyd has played the more difficult schedule and has been tested a little more than Clarke, as they have played and beaten schools in higher classifications as well as contending teams. If I were to do a point spread on this one, I'd have Floyd as a 5 point favorite. Some may think that's a little low, but it is tough to bet against a Clarke team that dominated a previously unbeaten Bluestone team in the regional semis, and a smoking hot Wilson team for the first half of the regional championship.

I wish all 4 teams the best of luck and I really wish I could make catch all the games this year but tough to get a week off of work for it!

Wise, Floyd and probably Clarke could compete with the 3 & 4A teams

Floyd beat Spotswood and William Fleming (split home & home) this yr

They also destroyed 5a Hampton and 6A Franklin Co. (Who was down this yr)

I agree with you Keith_Ston33

I think it will be Central Wise over Wilson by 15...Wilson is just to soft for this type of defense they will see from Wise...but good luck to the lady hornets

The Clark Co/Floyd Co game will be a little closer...I got Floyd by 4

Central Wise winning it all back to back!
This post was edited on 3/10 9:38 AM by rjh12

Central/Wilson

I just saw where Central held Wilson to less than 30 percent shooting from the floor. I don't have the numbers from the Lee game but I would bet they should at least double that against the Lee Ladies, what do you think rjh? I felt like I didn't see Wilson miss the whole game.

Re: Wise, Floyd and probably Clarke could compete with the 3 & 4A teams

Originally posted by RVDChamps90:
Floyd beat Spotswood and William Fleming (split home & home) this yr

They also destroyed 5a Hampton and 6A Franklin Co. (Who was down this yr)
Agreed, and Spotswood was a contender to repeat in 3A this year. They are in same conference & district with TA & Broadway, who are both in the state semifinals. Spotswood actually won the conference but lost to TA in the regional tourney. If TA and Broadway both win their semi-final games we will have an all-conference 29 final again this year. So good basketball in that conference.

Re: Wise, Floyd and probably Clarke could compete with the 3 & 4A teams

yes they would beat majority of the 4a's but not the elite 4a programs this year. floyd beat fleming at home early in the season after they had already played 2 or 3 games and it was fleming's first game of the season. rematch fleming was up by 20pts and ended up wining the game by 14pts or 15pts. but i give kudos to spotswood and floyd who have went and particiated at the girls statva tournment in richmond.

Re: Central/Wilson

I didn't get to see the Wilson/Lee game..but hear Wilson was on fire....the Hornets will be a heavy favorite next year to win it all

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT