ADVERTISEMENT

(2A West) Floyd County vs Gate City

After 1: FC 12 GC 7 with 14 fouls being called in the 1st quarter.

Battle of the defenses.

Girls BB: 3:40 until the half, Floyd County 19 Gate City 17.

Girls BB: 2:12 until the half, Floyd County 25 Gate City 17.

Timeout GC.

At the half, Floyd County 32, Gate City 23 in Group 2A Western Region Semifinals as the foul fest continues

Lots of whistles is a way to slow down Floyd, BUT....

They're deeper than anyone I've seen so if some gett in fouls trouble , they just roll in new, fresh legs

Re: Lots of whistles is a way to slow down Floyd, BUT....

Girls BB: Early 3rd - Floyd County 32 Gate City 27

Girls BB: GC on a 6-0 run. Floyd County 32 Gate City 29.

2:54 in the 3rd - Floyd 36 Gate City 33

it has nothing to do with Floyd it is how GC plays

GC plays pressure D the entire game also. Floyd may have the home court advantage, it is a shame the way the draw is they have to play in this round and not where both advance. Looks like a team GC beat three times will advance (Wise Central)

Re: it has nothing to do with Floyd it is how GC plays

I agree - sometimes the pairings/seedings don't seem fair, and this is one of those times.

Girls BB: End 3rd - Floyd County 42 Gate City 40.

GC's Morgan Gose throw up a prayer 3-pointer that drops to end the 3rd quarter

I agree this should be the 2A west championship...but 32 is LOW for FC in..

A half. They want to score off their D and have the game flowing, not stopped by whistles. They were averaging 92 ppg in the Conf and regionals so far

Re: I agree this should be the 2A west championship...but 32 is LOW for FC in..

Girls BB: Floyd County 46 Gate City 45, early 4th.

Girls BB: Md-4th - Floyd County 49 Gate City 46.

Girls BB: 4:46 to play, Floyd County 51 Gate City 47.

GC 48 FC 51. It's all coming down to the foul shots

Originally posted by RVDChamps90:
A half. They want to score off their D and have the game flowing, not stopped by whistles. They were averaging 92 ppg in the Conf and regionals so far
In girls basketball, for whatever reason, there are a few good teams and everybody else. Shame these 2 are facing each other now.

Someone had pulled the plug @ Floyd score board is out and so is 42 for Floyd 5 fouls for her

GC 50 FC 51. Morgan Gose at the foul line

GC takes the lead for the 1st time. 52-51

Kaely Gose at the foul line makes them both. GC 53 FC 51

Girls BB: 4:00 to play, Gate City 54 Floyd County 51.

Girls BB: Gate City 56 Floyd County 51,

Girls BB: Tied at 58 all

Girls BB: Tied at 60 all

Tied 60 with 1:02 left FC possession

Timeout 23.7 left GC 62 FC 60. FC possession

Girls BB: Gate City 62 Floyd County 60. :27 to play

Girls BB: Final - Gate City 64 Floyd County 62. Gate City's Kaley Gose with the game winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Gate City, terrible shame the teams weren't seeded, Floyd not..

Going to state semis just doesn't seem right.

Bad shooting night for Floyd but G City had a lot to do with that too.
Game of the year in 2A so far, too bad folks in Richmond won't get to see it

Nice win for the GC girls, still a shame the Floyd girls don't advance too. Do they play a tough schedule? GC prepares by playing a lot of the larger TN teams, and both losses Cloudland (31-5) is still alive in the TN final 4, and Sullivan East whom GC split with ended in the regionals at 24-7 so it definitely helps the GC boys and Girls to play a very tough schedule every year

Re: Congrats to Gate City, terrible shame the teams weren't seeded, Floyd not..

I'm sure a lot of people feel that way.

When you look around the state at the various classifications and matchups, there were several of these games that seemed unfair, matchup wise - this was definitely one of them.

Some teams seemed to get punished for winning their conference, while teams that finished 2nd or 3rd in their conference got a much better regional draw - as a result, some of the conference champs' seasons are finished, while the 2nd/3rd place conference teams are still playing.

The Lady Devils will face Wise County for the 4th time this Saturday in the Region Final to be played at Va High.

Floyd won the Maples tourney in Bristol over Tenn High, Daniel Boone, and..

Happy Valley. Floyd also defeated William Fleming of Roanoke twice who is 20-6 and in the 4A North Finals.
Floyd's only loss before tonight was to Bishop McGuinness in Kernersville, NC who is the EIGHT TIME defending A champion in NC.

Kudos to them for avenging that loss last year...

Floyd blitzed them badly in last year's quarters, but GC obviously was hungry. Maybe they can keep the title in the western half of the state! Good luck.

Re: Floyd won the Maples tourney in Bristol over Tenn High, Daniel Boone, and..

Well that would definitely be a yes then :) I know they were good, just wondered if they had been challenged much

Re: GO BIG BLUE!!!

Seems like GC got revenge for last years embarrassment in the state qtrs in Salem. There could have been a lot more fouls in that game last year. Congrats to them and good luck on keeping the title on the west side of state.

not a fan at all of cantrell

Floyd has no problem hanging 95 on a 7 player team. Great job gate city. Floyd stop your pity party whinning. Your not that good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT