• Thomas Dale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Field

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Region A has some very competitive teams. Will Western Branch repeat, will Oscar Smith make a comeback or will one of the new comers Highland Springs or Glen Allen make a run at the crown. Time to make your call.

IMO the Top 4 order will be :
Manchester
Springs
Smith
Dale
It's no way in hell I put Manchester over HSHS, the way Western Branch dominated them last year in the playoffs and HSHS beat the brakes off of them. Speaking of returning players Henley scored at least 3 tds on them by himself. The score would have been 48-0 by halftime last year if the refs did not muff the call right before halftime. IMO it's HSHS, OS, Dale, Manchester.

Then, you really have me confused! I’m not one to believe the hype of all the “experts”, but Highland Springs IS absolutely loaded this year. The fact that the offensive player of the year and defensive player of the year return, speaks volumes in itself. I would actually go as far as saying….this year‘s team may be better than last year’s team, especially in the trenches(two trench transfers are getting used to the system)and RB. The POY quarterback is a year more experienced and VISIBLY BIGGER and better.

I know Manchester and TDale got more experienced as well,but HSHS returned a majority of the team that beat Manchester rather easily last yr. It’s everyone’s personal opinion,but as the poster said….how do you put anyone ahead of that reloaded monster on Airport Dr?

It's no way in hell I put Manchester over HSHS, the way Western Branch dominated them last year in the playoffs and HSHS beat the brakes off of them. Speaking of returning players Henley scored at least 3 tds on them by himself. The score would have been 48-0 by halftime last year if the refs did not muff the call right before halftime. IMO it's HSHS, OS, Dale, Manchester.
Dale is not better than Manchester not even close

Look, hear me out… Glen Allen will be damn good this year. COVID year, I was laughing at their coaching staff cause they had to play Highland Springs and felt like they were a good position to win. They were actually up on Springs at halftime and Springs wore them down. Springs was the best team in VA that year. IMO, Glen Allen is better this year and has added some quality transfers. I’d be crazy to say they’re coming out of this STACKED region but don’t be surprised to see them competing with Oscar Smith, Manchester and HS if it comes down to it. If they were playing Herm’s schedule, I’d say they’d be a serious factor in this region. They’ll be the best team in West End but we’ll only have Dale and Freeman games to go off of.

We’re not basing teams off of last year. Teams grow and get better if we based teams off previous years we’d have the same champions every year
I’m hearing Manchester is loaded man. That QB will take them over the hump. I hear a lot of people talking about best coaches in the 804 and not a lot of people put “ respek” on Tom Hall’s name.

Look, hear me out… Glen Allen will be damn good this year. COVID year, I was laughing at their coaching staff cause they had to play Highland Springs and felt like they were a good position to win. They were actually up on Springs at halftime and Springs wore them down. Springs was the best team in VA that year. IMO, Glen Allen is better this year and has added some quality transfers. I’d be crazy to say they’re coming out of this STACKED region but don’t be surprised to see them competing with Oscar Smith, Manchester and HS if it comes down to it. If they were playing Herm’s schedule, I’d say they’d be a serious factor in this region. They’ll be the best team in West End but we’ll only have Dale and Freeman games to go off of.
Hey @BoKnowsSports, I checked out Glen Allen's squad via video from their scrimmage with St. Michaels Archangel. They looked a little shaky on defense and had difficulty covering the Warriors receivers. During the WTVR preview the coach seemed to indicate they were extremely young, but promising. They have improved every year under this coaching staff, so I look forward good things. HSHS, Dale and Manchester good. Nope, but they will be a sound first round opponent for one of the top four seeds. I like the optimism though.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Hey @BoKnowsSports, I checked out Glen Allen's squad via video from their scrimmage with St. Michaels Archangel. They looked a little shaky on defense and had difficulty covering the Warriors receivers. During the WTVR preview the coach seemed to indicate they were extremely young, but promising. They have improved every year under this coaching staff, so I look forward good things. HSHS, Dale and Manchester good. Nope, but they will be a sound first round opponent for one of the top four seeds. I like the optimism though.
Grassfield beat up on Glen Allen pretty bad I was told in their first scrimmage. I asked how GA looked,and the guys response was,”they need a lot of work”.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I saw that too Navy. I think they’d be a region contender in 5C but not with the big boys of C6.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT