ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Ridge Physicality

Aug 21, 2014
No one has yet commented on the physicality of Blue Ridge yet. Heard STAB called the game at halftime, down 34, because they had lost so many players in the first half. I know North Cross would have been down several starters had they not had a bye the week after they played Blue Ridge.

Blue Ridge is playing on the edge with D1 size and talent and a swagger that includes a lot of penalties and questionable hits. North Cross beat them and I am not sure how that happened but North Cross is more in line with size and physicality of D2 teams. Blue Ridge is at another level than the rest of D2.

I really hope VES survives this weekend. The score is one thing but the size and strength differential could really hurt. And I don't see Blue Ridge backing off. Not their nature.

Could see Blue Ridge finding it hard to schedule next year...

Blue Ridge got blanked by Flint Hill, a D1 school that is not exactly known for their size or their physicality. It will be interesting to see if they can hang with Trinity Episcopal. If they can't hang, then they are exactly where they belong in D2 and everyone else needs to buckle up their chin straps and play ball.

Blue Ridge got beat my Flint Hill 14-0. Are you talking about the same Flint Hill that is currently ranked #1 in Division 1(tied with Benedictine Prep) and sits on a 5-1 record, whose only loss was a close one to Collegiate. You convinced me Broddy that Blue Ridge in right where they belong in Division 2, not Division 1. As far as losing to Trinity Episcopal, if they do, you are right. Everyone will be buckling up their chin straps and playing ball while Blue Ridge is at home watching the playoffs.

They lost to Flint Hill in a close game in what I think was their second game of the season and were missing one of their top players (suspended). And I see them beating Trinity and making playoffs. Even if they lose, they still make playoffs, probably as a four seed.

Buckle up your chin straps and keep your head on a swivel as you never know where the shot will come from. I see Blue Ridge being more physical than most teams in D1 short of the top five. When STAB (albeit a down year) pulls out of a game at half time and North Cross suffers through umpteen personal fouls with two or three starters out the next week, they are physical.

Forgot about Covenant losing starting quarterback for rest of season to broken ankle against BR. Probably just a football injury...

Watch this week against VES.

Blue Ridge got blanked by Flint Hill, a D1 school that is not exactly known for their size or their physicality. It will be interesting to see if they can hang with Trinity Episcopal. If they can't hang, then they are exactly where they belong in D2 and everyone else needs to buckle up their chin straps and play ball.

Flint Hill, a soft 5-1?

Flint Hill, a soft 5-1?
No offense to Flint Hill but just take a look at their schedule. They don't play Benedictine. They don't play Woodberry. They don't play Episcopal. They don't play Bishop Sullivan. You simply cannot purport to play a D1 schedule and then not play the best in the state. They will skate into the playoffs as a 1 or a 2 seed and get smoked in the first round. Just watch.

That is one of the problems with D1, Woodberry, Episcopal, and Bishop Sullivan will not be there. Did Bishop Sullivan elect to skip playoffs or could they not get enough VISAA games to qualify?

They're out because of their schedule. If you're not in a conference, you have to play at least half of your games against VISAA members to qualify for a championship-- that's a rule which applies to all sports. Bishop Sullivan is only playing two: DJO and Ireton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT