George Wythe 57, Altavista 37
Radford 74, Mathews 51
Lancaster 75, Honaker 66
Semifinals - March 4
George Wythe 56, Essex 40
Radford vs. Lancaster, 7:45
Championship - March 9, at VCU
Semifinal winners 2:30

Radford 39 Lancaster 32 Less than a minute left in the half.

1A boys semifinals, at the half, it's Radford 40, Lancaster 35.

At the end of the third quarter: Radford 55 Lancaster 42

Robertson of Radford has 21 points.

1A boys semifinals, with 6:23 left, it's Radford 60, Lancaster 42.

1A boys semifinals with 3:45 left, it's Radford 62, Lancaster 48

2:37 left, it's Radford 63, Lancaster 53.

2:18 remaining, it's Radford 65, Lancaster 56

1:04 left. Radford 67 Lancaster 58

Lancaster has one heck of a team they just keep drawing Radford in the quarterfinals and semifinals and can't seem to get over the hump. Great Team over all.

Not a good day for the old Region A schools. Essex, Lancaster and the Surry girls all lose. Good luck to all the teams headed to Richmond.

Reactions: radcats
Soph. Quinton Morton Robinson 31 point

Been a beast since he was a toddler. Used to live in Heather Glen in Radford and he lived right over the fence on 14th behind R&R. As long as it wasn't raining or snowing, that kid was in his driveway hoopin'. His feel for the game is something special. Will be interesting to see if Buzz offers him. I'm not a bball coach, but I've seen D1 players before and this kid is a D1 player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him carry Radford to a 4peat before he leaves. He and Jones kids are both just sophomores, dynamic duo for 1A boys to deal with for the next two years. Great kid, great family. Good Luck this weekend Bobcats!!!

Kam edwards is balling as a sophomore as well.
Quinton is unbelievable

Whoopy, Radford has won a 3 2A, and 1 1A championships since 09. Traded wins last year with eventual 2A champ Martinsville.

Sorry. Sounded that way but wasn't sayin they wouldn't compete. Just pointing out/confirming they were moving to 2A. And the 2A competition is indeed greater, no doubt. The 1A boys won't have to deal with then. I don't don't know what Radford has coming the next few years or many other 2A programs so for me to say they wouldn't compete would be ignorance on my part.

Understood..
I think theyll compete big overall for at least two more years. Three of the starting 5 are soph. I do think they lose a whole lot on defense with two really good defenders in Doyle, and Baylor graduating. But those 3 soph are exceptionally good basketball players. But again, couple holes to fill for sure.
Do you plan on making the trip to watch the games?

I don't like the D1 games on Thursday. I wish they could do them all on the weekends somehow

I would love to make the trip to watch both 1A games because I think they will both be great games. Because the games are on Thursday I can't make it. I think the VHSL shooting themselves in the foot on these championship games during the week. Gates would be so much better if they were on the weekend. Off the top of my head they could do 1-3A at one site and 4A-6A at another ... do Friday and Saturday for each. Other way is to include Sundays. I'm for the first option. Hey but good luck to your bobcats, I think they take it in a close one.

Radford may win a few state titles and that includes 2A with what they got now and whats coming with PJ Prileou and Cam Cormany (coaches son) who will be freshmen next year and probably be on varsity.

Reactions: toughy299
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT