ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Calhoun Still Looking

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Rivals.Com 3-star prospect Sardaar Calhoun currently has five D1 offers but the senior says he has not made a decision on where he will play next season.

"I’m still looking," Calhoun said. "I don’t have a time or date just looking for the right fit for me and my family."

Calhoun has offers from Canisius, Hampton, LaSalle, Quinnipiac, Virginia Tech. He has only been on an official visit to East Tennessee State University.

As a senior, Calhoun averaged 13.6 points per game with five rebounds while making 50 baskets from behind the arc. He made 1st team VISAA All-State. He believes point guard will be his best fit in college.

"I’m improving my point guard skills", he said. "I know that’s the position I want to play in college and I feel that I’m good as most of the points guards out there. I’m 6-foot-6 and that gives me a huge advantage and I can guard between the 1-3."

Calhoun often played small forward in the Blue Ridge attack. The Barons had two other point guards in the starting lineup including All-State performer and Liberty commit Darius McGhee. Calhoun was often the second option on offense and had to guard the top scorer on defense.

"What people see most in my game is my scoring but I feel my defense is strong as my offense because I love stopping my opponents."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News