ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to 10-0 JMU - College GameDay!

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
Wow - one must just marvel at the success of James Madison University! Only two years at the FBS level.

JMU 10-0 and ranked #18 in the nation!

ESPN's College GameDay (one of the most successful sports programs in the world) is partying with the JMU fans this morning in Harrisonburg, Virginia!

Many college kids have been camping out to get in the pit. We have lots of JMU alumni and current JMU students from the Northern Neck/Middle Peninsula. I hope some are there with all the signs and excitement.

NCAA - Let the Dukes bowl!

Go Virginia Attorney General Republican Jason Miyares, a JMU grad, who has declared war on the bureaucratic morons of the NCAA!

• Haha
Reactions: HooSprings and TS69
Plus, we got the amazing success of Liberty University - also 10-0 and ranked in the top 25 in the Nation.

Liberty has only been in the FBS for like 4 or 5 years. Liberty has not even had a football program that long.

Go Flames!

All I can say is the folks running Virginia Tech and UVA football from the ADs on down should be absolutely humiliated.

With all the donors, traditions, TV money, and Power 5 resources of the ACC, the lack of any continuity of football success at VT and UVA is not a promising look, to say it mildly.

The athletic leaders (and those decision makers behind the scenes) at JMU and Liberty have taken our Virginia ACC "powerhouse schools" literally to school...

Last edited:
All I can say is the folks running Virginia Tech and UVA football from the ADs on down should be absolutely humiliated.

With all the donors, traditions, TV money, and Power 5 resources of the ACC, the lack of any continuity of football success at VT and UVA is not a promising look, to say it mildly.

The athletic leaders (and those decision makers behind the scenes) at JMU and Liberty have taken our Virginia ACC "powerhouse schools" literally to school...
Why would we be humiliated when JMU’s is nothing more than a JV team compared to the power 5s And their schedule proves it. They can enjoy watching the bowl games. Gotta love how people sign their own rules and then don’t want to abide by them. Maybe one day JMU or liberty will schedule Clemson, Miami and Florida State in back to back weeks. Until then…know your place on the JV BUS!

Last edited:
This is great. But I couldn't imagine getting up early and having to deal with RMC Events' overreaching BS while trying to have fun.

Didn’t the JV beat the Varsity back on Sept 9th? Or am I thinking of a different JMU?
That’s the sad thing! It took a lightning delay for JMU’s to beat the worst Virginia team we’ve seen since Mike London. Oh, and they barely beat ODU. A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Fact is, there is not a single player playing for JMU That could start at UVA! A group of college players beat the dream team with Michael Jordan!

Why would we be humiliated when JMU’s is nothing more than a JV team compared to the power 5s And their schedule proves it. They can enjoy watching the bowl games. Gotta love how people sign their own rules and then don’t want to abide by them. Maybe one day JMU or liberty will schedule Clemson, Miami and Florida State in back to back weeks. Until then…know your place on the JV BUS!
Interesting...

Obviously, I pull for UVA and have all my life. My first college football game that I attended in Virginia was at UVA a long time ago when I was way young - v Clemson (a 55-0 loss or so).

(However, I actually pull for all the Virginia schools to be successful. Although I must admit that I have been drifting more towards VT the last several years as too many so called "elite" universities appear to me to becoming something that I can no longer support. Just look what's happening now across many "elite" college campuses...disgusting).

Sorry, I did not mean to go into divisive politics or the deteriorating value of many "elite" higher educational systems.

Back to Football....

Hmmm...I personally do not like constant failure, maybe some others evidently are not bothered by it.

I thought that JMU defeated UVA this season football in Charlottesville...

I thought that UVA has had a football tradition since like the 1880s.

(JMU did not even have a football program until like 50 years ago and just became a part of the FBS in like 2021.)

I thought that Virginia Tech (in-state rival) had defeated UVA like 18 of the last 20 years.

Just a brief look at the UVA record since 2010 looks like the Cavaliers have gone 66-93.

I would think that anyone who desires success in life would be humiliated by having that historical record.

Well, I guess I was wrong....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT