ADVERTISEMENT

CONGRATULATIONS TIM COLEMAN ON ANOTHER STATE TITLE # 4

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Coach coleman yesterday won his 4th state title as they beat Christchurch! after this year rich serbay went in the HOF and imo TIM should be next. yes winning a private school championship for Fredericksburg Christian in the VISSA DIVISION III might not in some peoples mind a great feat as those schools are not the 1963 green bay packers but this is quite a feat when you see what he accomplished.
TIM started the FCS football program 6 years ago with players that was very small and most had never played football before. they played 500 ball that year but knowing him all my life I could see in that school team it would not be long before he would build that program to one of the best private schools in the state and yesterday they won the title while going undefeated. in just 6 years his record is 47 and 14 with a state title already.
TIM will always remembered for his antics at courtland hs as a assistant coach. he invented the chant RAW MEAT that became famous in the 80's under KEN BROWN in the courtland championship years. as the cougars took the field TIM would lead the team in the pre game calisthenics looking like a maestro yelling RAW and the team and fans yelling MEAT. boy was that intimidating to the visiting team and their fans. he usually had his shirt off with raw meat painted on his chest and sometimes he even carried a hunk of raw meat on the field. once the school board told him he had to tone down his actions and guess what. the next game he lead the team on the field in a top hat and tuxcedo leading the raw meat cheer. TIM was quite a character back then as sometimes he would fire the kids up by eating a cricket or grasshopper. the kids love it and just his presence fired up the players like no one else.
then the highlight of us spotsy fans as TIM became the head coach 0f my boys from poast oak spotsy. he toned down the antics, no raw meat or cricket eating he just went on from 1989 to 2004 making spotsy something to be proud of. he lead the knights to many wins and three state titles and his worse record was 5 and 5 in those years at shs. one of the greatest feats that he did was he began the 97 season at 1 and 4 and ran the table to win a state title in 1997 against heratige. you think he did a good job motivating and coaching! there probably has never been a team in the state that started 1 and 4 and run the table all the way for a state title! boy that was the good old days when spotsy was considered a powerhouse around the state. TIM left spotsy in 2004 and its been down hill for the knights since then. what I wouldn't do to have spotsy with COLEMAN as the head coach of the red white and blue.
congrats again to you TIM you have been a true friend of mine and a great coach and the HOF is in your future!

Now that is a recommendation for a coach. I once talked with my child's head coach and asked him how the season went and he said he would let me know in twenty years when he could see how all the boys turn out. Maybe they will be butchers... Raw Meat!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT