ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Dabney Commits to VMI

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Fuqua is a small private school in Farmville Virginia but Coach Ben Manis has produced back-to-back DI college players. Last year, Brad Davis committed to Virginia Military Institute to play offensive lineman and this year Fuqua senior Warren Dabney will follow his former teammate and become a Keydet.

Dabney finished his senior year with 89 total tackles, two sacks, two fumble recoveries and and a pass deflection while leading Fuqua to the VISAA DIII State title game. He was selected VISAA 1st team All-State and All-Virginiapreps.Com DIII Privates. Dabney was recruited to play along the defensive line and says football was the primary reason for choosing VMI.

"I chose VMI because I know one day football will be over and I’ll need a good education to fall back on. I also get to fulfill a childhood dream of playing Division 1 football."

The transition should be easier with Davis having traverse the freshman experience at VMI.

"I’ve talked to Brad numerous times about VMI and he told me about the rat line (VMI 1st year tradition) and not to get discouraged by it. He said it’s like a marathon, work on getting to the next point. I’m excited about going to Lexington. I need to get even stronger and quicker because it’s a different ball game at the college level especially Division 1."

Reactions: Oldmountie88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News