ADVERTISEMENT

Division IV Playoffs

Nov 10, 2012
Like many arguments in the past one can be made for Broadwater Academy (yes I am a homer). Not to take anything away from the teams that qualified for the playoffs I wish them the best of luck. But when you finish 5-4 (only three teams in D-IV had winning records) and miss the playoffs because one of your conference rivals did not want to play you twice kinda stings. Yes we understand they wanted to reschedule the first meeting but ducking us again in the next to last game of the season kinda sucks. That 1 additional potential point robbed the kids of playing in the playoffs.

I know what you all will say 4 losses was the difference and your right, but Brunswick played EVERYONE but us and that is a sore spot.

Now that I have vented my frustration I want to again wish Fuqua, Roanoke Catholic, Kenston Forest and Blessed Sacrament the best of luck.. Eager to see if Kenston can pull off another shocker and can BSH make it a 6-pack?

mppalmer

For your information, when you play a team twice in a season, only the first game counts. If you had beat them you would not have received points for the win. If I am not correct, someone can correct me, but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

You are correct but Brunswick bailed "twice" on BA this year. The original games was rescheduled and then they eventually forfeited after we had to cancel a non conference game to fit them back in. That all important 1pt from the "opponent wins" is what kept BA out of the playoffs

This post was edited on 11/8 9:39 AM by mppalmer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT