ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL IN 2 OT: Henrico 111 LC Bird 99

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
What a game. Bird leads Henrico 83-82 with 1:53 to go. This game has lived up to its billing

This post was edited on 3/4 10:15 PM by pizzzzza

Re: LC Bird 83 Henrico 82 - 1:53 to go in the game

Kenny Williams hits a buzzer beater to tie the game at 88.

We're headed to OT.

This game has been ridiculous - frantic final :20 with 3 made FGs.

Re: LC Bird 83 Henrico 82 - 1:53 to go in the game

2:20 to go in OT - L.C. Bird 90, Henrico 88.

Charles Falden scores for Bird.

1:40 to go in OT - Henrico 90, L.C. Bird 90. Cold much of the night, usually dead-eye shooter Ryan Pearson knocks down the floater.

1:21 left in OT - Henrico 91, L.C. Bird 90. Gus Rowland splits 2 at the stripe.

Williams misses both. Rowland rebound. Henrico to shoot 2FT's - Walter Williams - with 57.6 seconds left in OT, leading Bird 91-90.

HEADED to DOUBLE OT tied at 94

57.6 seconds left in OT - Henrico 92, L.C. Bird 90. Walter Williams hits 1 of 2.

49.6 to go in OT - L.C. Bird 92, Henrico 92. Charles Falden races for 2. Mario Haskett has fouled out for Bird. Henrico ball.

Rowland drives, misses, got his own board. Fouled by Plummer. To the line, :35.6 left.

Rowland makes first. 93-92.

Rowland makes second. 94-92 - Henrico - 30 left in OT.

Kenny Williams ties it. Henrico thinking last shot.

Jamal Newton's shot to win no good - Warriors can't get offensive board in time for put back.

DOUBLE OT - Henrico 94, L.C. Bird 94.

Re: HEADED to DOUBLE OT tied at 94

3:17 to go in 2nd OT - Henrico 96, L.C. Bird 94. Walter Williams with stop and pop. Buckingham gets board on Bird miss inside.

Buckingham goes up, misses, whistle comes in. 3rd on Elliott. Hits 2 FT

Henrico 98 Bird 94. 1st 2-possession lead in OT.

No Mario Haskett - who has fouled out - really showing for Bird now in 2nd OT, fatigued, down 4 and Henrico shooting 2 more FT's.

Rowland goes 1-for-2. 99-94 - Henrico 2:26 left 2 OT

1:49 left in 2nd OT - Henrico 100, L.C. Bird 94.

Jamal Newton converts 1, then Bird Coach Troy Manns is hit for a Technical.

hits 1 technical free throw. 101-94.

Henrico with authority and a slam: 103-94.

Elliott answers. 103-96, timeout 1:34 left

Rowland down the lane, misses, but Elliott does, too. Newton makes one.

1:00 left,

105-96 Henrico

Not good news for Henrico as De'Monte Buckingham being helped off the court

1:00 to go in 2nd OT - Henrico 105, L.C. Bird 97. Charles Falden makes 1 of 2 FT's. Bird needing a turnover and 3 quickly.

Rowland breaks press for two.

Walter Williams with another emphatic flush.

Henrico with 109 points on an 'off' night by Pearson.

FINAL in 2OT's - Henrico 111, L.C. Bird 99. What a thriller.

Henrico plays Norview in the region final. This is the third straight year Bird's season has ended at the hands of Henrico.
This post was edited on 3/4 10:14 PM by pizzzzza

That was the best high school game I've ever seen. Crazy!!!! Friend or Foe, Henrico is in line for greatness, hopefully Buckingham will be okay.
Born a Springer, always a Springer, but here goes.... Go Warriors
rolleye0018.r191677.gif
... That was hard...You guys, good luck and represent the old Capital District.

I echo your sentiments springer76 - that might've been the best game I've covered in my 11 years with VirginiaPreps.com. Glad I made the trip from the 757 to the 804 to witness an all-time classic. A shame that one of those two teams had to lose because both are worthy of playing in and for the State Championship - at any classification level.

Follow Hatfield Sports on Twitter

I agree with you too Matt. To me, it was probably the state championship game. There were rumblings in and around Richmond that the winner of that game would most likely be the state champ. Boy oh boy, what a game it was!!!! My hat's off to both of those teams. They are scrappy, fast, play great defense and are pretty damn good offensively too.

That was the difference between those 2 and HSHS. HS was pretty fast, played pretty good D but, at times, couldn't hit the side of a wide barn. As it was, HS (boys & girls) took a dive at seasons end and turned in their uniforms... Maybe next year?

In the mean time, Go Warriors!

Man, this is the state tourney now. You gotta throw all the previous games out. Where HS at now? They lost in the 1st round or something. Don't think they factor in much anymore to any of these teams.

Henrico beat Norview Saturday by 17. I think they will cruise against Freedom Thursday. If they play Potomac in the title game. Henrico will win... Mark my work... There are no real weakness on this team. They are that good.
Potomac plays Norview Thursday.
I wouldn't be surprised if it winds up being a Henrico vs. Norview rematch.
If Henrico should wind up in the title against Potomac, I'll take Henrico running away with it! I saw Potomac when they lost to HSHS and Meadowbrook. They will be an easy win for Henrico!

This post was edited on 3/10 6:40 PM by springer76

Originally posted by springer76:
Henrico beat Norview Saturday by 17. I think they will cruise against Freedom Thursday. If they play Potomac in the title game. Henrico will win... Mark my work... There are no real weakness on this team. They are that good.
Potomac plays Norview Thursday.
I wouldn't be surprised if it winds up being a Henrico vs. Norview rematch.
If Henrico should wind up in the title against Potomac, I'll take Henrico running away with it! I saw Potomac when they lost to HSHS and Meadowbrook. They will be an easy win for Henrico!

This post was edited on 3/10 6:40 PM by springer76
Just what I thought, Henrico/Norview rematch. Henrico will win the trifecta against Norview and bring home the trophy.

...as I waa saying, Henrico would win running away and they did. Their toughest challenges were right her in Richmond. Other than their one loss, Glen Allen played them tough, HSHS should have beaten them in the 2 point Henrico win and the Bird game... well, that was the State Title Bout right there. If Bird had of won that game, Bird would be your state titlist!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT