ADVERTISEMENT

Floyd Co./Central- Wise (Part 2)

Feb 21, 2014
With FC up comfortably after 3 quarters, it appears that it'll be an all 2A West Final. Floyd defeated Central in the state final a couple of years ago, and Central has only matured and improved since that time. This past weekend, in the Region final at E&H, those in attendance saw a VERY hard fought, in your face, man to man war. Expect nothing less tomorrow afternoon, with one exception.... I think that Floyd will be better prepared this time around. For this team to score only 13 in the second half (only 2 in the 4th quarter) is crazy. Central's defense won't let them run crazy and light up the scoreboard like they usually do, but I don't see either team pulling away this time. I really feel that the best two teams in 2A will be playing for the championship. Go Lady Buffs!

I was a neutral observer at today's semi-finals, and I have to say that I was more impressed with Floyd than I was with Central, especially considering that the team they beat so easily (Clarke) had beaten Wilson easily also. I know that kind of comparison doesn't always mean anything, but just on today's games, I would pick Floyd to beat Central.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT