ADVERTISEMENT

Forfeit?

Aug 21, 2014
Just have to ask about the IWAHRA forfeit. I seem to remember HRA having a decent sized roster bolstered by a couple of large senior transfers. How is it that they needed to forfeit a game when their qb was injured? If memory serves me well, this is second forfeit by HRA in two years. I hope they make bus trip to North Cross next year.

By contrast, north cross, with a smaller roster, playing an opponent from a higher division, had their quarterback go out with a broken collarbone, bring in a defensive back that had neverl played quarterback in his life to complete the game. They lost by 30 but no forfeit. Got to lace them to play.

Was there more to the forfeit than just the injury? I know there were a lot of personal fouls.

The other post says something about several roughing the passer penalties and at least one person ejected. Sounds like it got ugly and dirty out there. If IWA had ejections, would hurt them in 1st round playoff game.

The other post says something about several roughing the passer penalties and at least one person ejected. Sounds like it got ugly and dirty out there. If IWA had ejections, would hurt them in 1st round playoff game.
There were no IWA ejections

Good for IWA. I'm glad they did not get caught up in the HRA dirty play tactics. Good luck to IWA in playoffs.

The personal fouls were against Hra on our quarterback.IWA may have had a couple for questioning the referees.Hra 's ejection I can't speak too I'm not sure what happened.but IWA had know ejections or injuries.Hra had 15 players walk out to shake hands.which we all know is enough to play.watching the game as a parent it appeared HRA was getting beat down and just quit.forfiet is to nice a word to use.im curious to see what they do when the play a tough NSA team. Good luck to them.
The personal fouls were split and the IWA fouls were definitely not for questioning the referees. The games first personal foul was against HRA for roughing the passer but the next three were called against IWA including a leading with a helmet and a roughing the passer. Five personal fouls were called during the last six minutes before halftime and three of those were called against Isle of Wight. Hampton Roads Academy lost two starters to injury before the end of the 1st quarter and they lost two more during the 2nd quarter. I was going to comment to the trainer about how busy she was. When you add in the player who was ejected before halftime and the quarterback in the 3rd quarter then it's understandable the decision they made for the safety of the players. The mercy rule was in effect with a 35-0 score at halftime.

Thanks for clearing that up Will. Brandonc must be IWA fan. It is sad to hear that IWA had to play that way in a game they could win easily. IWA is lucky they did not have any ejections heading into playoffs.

What are the odds of HRA playing NSA next week with the depleted roster due to injuries and ejection.

If teams have so few players that they are only an injury or two away from having to forfeit games, why even bother fielding a football team? Why not pack it in and bolster your other fall sports? It isn't fair to kids on the team who want to compete and it isn't fair to opposing teams.

HRA'S real qb who opened the season at qb and is the best athlete in the school, got hurt against Shores midseason(wrist OR hand). I have seen him working out for basketball, shooting jumpers, dunking, etc weeks ago, so not sure why he hasn't rejoined the team. Guess he just quit on his teammates to get ready for basketball.

I just want to remind everyone again of the EXCEPTIONALLY bad officiating during this game. I think the poor quality of the officials led to a lot of the calls, including the young man being ejected for HRA. Hopefully, HRA will be able to finish out their season with the personnel they have. Good luck to them and everyone else this last week.

I wonder next year if everyone will be talking about us when we graduate our 12 seniors.I doubt it.

I imagine folks will talk if you magically get a bunch of transfers and petition to remain in D4. Go with the folks you have in the program and bring in ninth graders while playing in Division 3 and I imagine there will not be too much comment. Especially if you guys keep playing "110%"...

I wonder next year if everyone will be talking about us when we graduate our 12 seniors.I doubt it.

I imagine folks will talk if you magically get a bunch of transfers and petition to remain in D4. Go with the folks you have in the program and bring in ninth graders while playing in Division 3 and I imagine there will not be too much comment. Especially if you guys keep playing "110%"...

"I imagine folks will talk if you magically get a bunch of transfers and petition to remain in D4."

Haha! So true. You da man, Chief!

HRA'S real qb who opened the season at qb and is the best athlete in the school, got hurt against Shores midseason(wrist OR hand). I have seen him working out for basketball, shooting jumpers, dunking, etc weeks ago, so not sure why he hasn't rejoined the team. Guess he just quit on his teammates to get ready for basketball.
The word I got - and this is from a VERY reliable source....parents / mom in particular, told him FB was over, concentrate on BB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT