ADVERTISEMENT

Fort chiswell

I guess some of those Fort fans think Nick Saban might be coming to town. Hale was and is a quality coach. Good luck in the search - might be able to get some young up and comers but getting an established coach will be difficult. Maybe they can get Jack Turner - he would do well there and stay in 1A with better athletes.

Nick Sabin is not coming but any pop warner would be better than hale he is a terrible coach and person.

if u want to say fort was stupid for hiring him- well that would be different. Poor choice to begin with.

I guess some of those Fort fans think Nick Saban might be coming to town. Hale was and is a quality coach. Good luck in the search - might be able to get some young up and comers but getting an established coach will be difficult. Maybe they can get Jack Turner - he would do well there and stay in 1A with better athletes.
When Auburn beat The Fort in the playoffs Coach Turner spoke about the great looking kids they had. Leading up to the game I didn't think Auburn had a chance no matter how good a coach Turner is. I do think you are correct give him a few athletes at that level with his weight program and work ethic they would have a chance to win a state title. I am not taking anything away from the past coaches, just agreeing with you about Coach.

I read in the paper someone complained about the bad language. Although, I don't condone the bad language used by many coaches, I'm pretty certain the coach prior to Hale wasn't a virgin to bad language either and almost willing to bet that the new coach (whoever it is) won't be. Most of the kids hear worse things from their parents and other friends anyway - you can't turn on a prime time tv show on a major network without hearing bad language.

As I've told other coaches, it's never the stud who gets you in trouble for bad language, it's the kid on the bench who's parent thinks he should be playing more. I used to coach high school athletics and had used bad language in practice, never directly at a kid, more along the lines of "let's go kick their @**" or "stop bull s>*&ing around". Of course I got reprimanded and began to realize it wasn't really worth it.

I've known Tommy Hale for close to 20 yrs and he is neither a terrible person nor coach. Sorry that pioneerstats has so much hate in him - life's way too short, Hale's gone you can rejoice without spitting on him.

Reactions: raninab
if u want to say fort was stupid for hiring him- well that would be different. Poor choice to begin with.
Well, let's see, the 3 best coaches Wythe Co has had, Ingo, James and Hale are no longer coaching in Wythe Co anymore. That should tell you something. Sounds like the school board should tell some parents where to get off. That's just my opinion from the outside looking in. I'm sure i could be wrong.

Pcken, you hit the nail on the head man. The school system has no spine when it comes to backing up their athletic coaches, or even teachers really. I feel as if they believe it is easier to fire and hire than it is to tell a parent that the matter doesn't concern them. JMO

Well, let's see, the 3 best coaches Wythe Co has had, Ingo, James and Hale are no longer coaching in Wythe Co anymore. That should tell you something. Sounds like the school board should tell some parents where to get off. That's just my opinion from the outside looking in. I'm sure i could be wrong.
In my opinion Ingo was railroaded. Actually outside the school board's control in that case. You really think bad language was the reason hale left? You think that is all there is to it? Really

Last edited:
No I don't think bad language was why Hale left. I just noticed that was one of the complaints. The paper said Hale was not asked to resign or was forced out - I don't know why he decided to leave.

Let's just say you make enough people mad they will dig in your dirt and sooner or later the Skelton's fall out of the closet and I'm not full of hate I love everyone just have zero torlerence for incompetence and birateing youth to hide your incompetence But I have notice all who defend him all from Pulaski were he was a assistant coach ruffly 15 years ago under hicks

FC is stupid. Tom Hale is a excellent football coach. A few "parents" didnt like him. Well, good luck. Hope we can get him on the staff at PC.
I am sure coach Hale is rushing up to PC as we speak to become a assistant coach there seeing as how he has applied for the head coaching job several times and was passed over every time. They really think a lot of him at PC for sure.

Who will be the next coach at the Fort - Jack Turner or HS Ingo , both would be a great hire. Not sure Coach wants to leave Auburn but I think Fort is a better fit if given the chance to coach. Ingo needs to be coaching someone, both are old school creditable coaches if given the support will win. Neither are concerned about parents and outside crap. JMO

Is there no one on staff that would be a good hire? I really don't think Jack would want to leave, brand new school and a program that seems to be on the rise; he also beat them last season so why would that be a step up. H.S. on the other hand maybe but who knows. Its late into the coach hiring process so I can see an assistant getting the job.

A coach here at Galax works at Carroll County and says a member of Carroll 's football staff will be the next coach at FC, he interviews next week to make it official.

A coach here at Galax works at Carroll County and says a member of Carroll 's football staff will be the next coach at FC, he interviews next week to make it official.
I have heard a number of rumors but cannot confirm anything, I have even heard that we were getting Dixon from Galax or that Ragsdale from Giles was giving up retirement to coach at the Fort...

3 who have put in for it, one -ex coach in mountain empire, two-assistant at fort now, three--an assistant at one of the Montgomery county schools

Nick Sabin is not coming but any pop warner would be better than hale he is a terrible coach and person.
You will get what you deserve! From what I hear there aren't very many applicants. Maybe a pioneer assistant is the only way they'll get a coach. Maybe you and some other "Know it alls" will coach them next year. Then we'll see what you have to say.

Last edited:
When Auburn beat The Fort in the playoffs Coach Turner spoke about the great looking kids they had. Leading up to the game I didn't think Auburn had a chance no matter how good a coach Turner is. I do think you are correct give him a few athletes at that level with his weight program and work ethic they would have a chance to win a state title. I am not taking anything away from the past coaches, just agreeing with you about Coach.
Get the facts first ED.

I read in the paper someone complained about the bad language. Although, I don't condone the bad language used by many coaches, I'm pretty certain the coach prior to Hale wasn't a virgin to bad language either and almost willing to bet that the new coach (whoever it is) won't be. Most of the kids hear worse things from their parents and other friends anyway - you can't turn on a prime time tv show on a major network without hearing bad language.

As I've told other coaches, it's never the stud who gets you in trouble for bad language, it's the kid on the bench who's parent thinks he should be playing more. I used to coach high school athletics and had used bad language in practice, never directly at a kid, more along the lines of "let's go kick their @**" or "stop bull s>*&ing around". Of course I got reprimanded and began to realize it wasn't really worth it.

I've known Tommy Hale for close to 20 yrs and he is neither a terrible person nor coach. Sorry that pioneerstats has so much hate in him - life's way too short, Hale's gone you can rejoice without spitting on him.
I agree with you 100% !!

Let's just say you make enough people mad they will dig in your dirt and sooner or later the Skelton's fall out of the closet and I'm not full of hate I love everyone just have zero torlerence for incompetence and birateing youth to hide your incompetence But I have notice all who defend him all from Pulaski were he was a assistant coach ruffly 15 years ago under hicks
a
You are a liar stats. You have had it in for him from the get-go. His language doesn't compare to previous coaches at FC. With a big mouth like yours you should give coaching a try. If Hale was so bad it should be easy for someone like you who can spot incompetence to play the right players. Was your son one who didn't play? Go ahead and give it a try I bet you'd be great and you can always find some thing else to whine about.

First you may think im a liar but the numbers don't lie would you like to take a look ok 15 years at CCHS 76 wins 23 of those against single a opponents which are 1a and 2a classification now, CCHS was one of the biggest double a schools in the state at the time.
those 76 teams that CCHS beat went on to win 290 games among them. assume they all played 10 games that is 290 wins and 470 losses or 2.62 wins apiece not very good stats. tired of the past fast forward to 2015 you say I had it out for him from the get go not true lost me at Radford 4 games in to the season FC had gave up over 2000 yds when asked what he was going to do to change the defense reply not a thing we are 4 and 0. game goes like this you have the ball at the 40 or so you have 3 and 7 with 52 seconds left on the clock why do you call a pass play explain would love to hear your explanation RANINAB cause I don't have one not to mention the punt on the 28 yard line love those 8 yd net gains on punts, Oh don't forget the next week you go for it twice on the 44 and 48 to give James River all the momentum.

I would be very surprised if HS works in Wythe County again. While I think the final straw was a weak reason, his God-Complex had already burnt plenty of bridges. And Ragsdale won't be coming back to coach 1A. Please. Hope the new guy works out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT