ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Fruition came true for Fort

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Before the start of the 2017 football season, Blue Ridge junior Samuel Fort told me the Fall season would prove he was one of the best prospects in the 2019 class. His fruition came true as he was selected VISAA 1st team All-State. He led the Barons with 406 yards on only 57 carries while scoring seven total touchdowns.

"My first season at Blue Ridge was one to remember," he said. "It was my first time ever playing offense and I felt real good on that side of the ball."

Fort scored a touchdown using five different scoring methods via rushing, receiving, kickoff return, punt return and interception. He said he transferred to the boarding house school last summer after living in Oklahoma.

"The main reason I transferred to Blue Ridge was because of their academics," Fort told Virginiapreps.Com. "What I know about the football team is that last year they were state champions, great coaching staff , and key players returning anxious to win another state ring

Fort played running back, receiver, linebacker and defensive back for Blue Ridge helping the Barons to the VISAA DII #1 seed in the playoffs. Although he made All-State on offense, Fort believes the defensive side is where he will make his mark at the next level.

"I consider myself an athlete and obviously defensive back is one of my best positions. But I also can get the job done at running back, receiver, punt and kick return or wherever they need me and I think I proved that a lot this fall"

Fort has two offers from smaller schools with interests from South Alabama, Illinois, and William & Mary. He visited James Madison University and the University of Virginia and said both are showing interest as well. He has received camp invites from Rutgers, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Tulsa.

"I see myself at defensive back in college," Fort said. "I like playing defensive back the most because I feel most comfortable there. I would like to improve on my technique as defensive back to get ready for camp season. I'd like to work on my size and hopefully bulk up a little so I can do more out of the backfield as well."

5a54c528e1a1d-Fort3.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News