ADVERTISEMENT

Gilliam Ratings Progress

GilliamRatings

VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
At this point I have the one week zero game and weeks one through six schedule entered in my computer. I hope to get the other five weeks entered by Monday. At that point I will publish my 2015 pre-season ratings. These will be pretty boring in and of themselves, since they are nothing more than where last year's teams finished an some educated guesses at where to put the new schools. I will then add enough hundredths of a point to every team's ratings to get the mean rating to 50.00.

I hope there is some good stuff, however. I plan to publish a prediction for every regular season VHSL game. These will change from week to week of course, but it could be fun pre-season browsing. I also hope to publish an expected record for each team and a probability of going undefeated.

I also plan to publish a page that tells how hard it would be for a good team in each school's class to win from 0 to 10 games against each team's schedule (if you play fewer than 10 VHSL schools obviously, it will only go up to how many VHSL opponents you have).

I hope I can even use the two things together to make some preseason playoff predictions.

All of this will be wildly inaccurate, of course, but maybe it'll be something for us to talk about until Northampton and West Point kick off in 20 days.

Give me a break on timing things this fall. Remember, I don't get paid, I'm having health issues, I coach cross country, I am teaching a new AP course and I have a daughter at JMU I intend to see from time to time. I'll do my best to give you some fun stuff to browse this fall, but I'm not promising to get it all published by a certain date each week. That just won't happen.

Hey Matt, I think I can safely speak for the entire forum. We greatly appreciate what you do. We realize what you do is a labor of love, but a lot of Labor, nonetheless. Your ratings are a blast. And it adds so much to the participation on the forum.

I hope the forum community will jump in with a big, "THANK YOU"!

Take care of your health issues. Don't get stupid like I usually do and put doctor stuff off.

Best regards, DP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT