ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Region 1C Finals: Parry McCluer 59 Galax 47 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Region 1C girls championship game, Galax vs Parry McCluer at EastMont

Under 4 media timeout. Galax 7, Parry McCluer 5 at 3:31 of the 1st

Region 1C girls title game: Parry McCluer 14, Galax 9, end 1st

Parry McCluer ends the half with a near-midcourt 3 for a 26-22 lead over Galax in the Region 1C title game

Quick t.o. by Galax as Parry McCluer pulls out to a 30-22 lead at 6:45 of the 3rd

Timeout on the floor at 3:02 of the 3rd. Parry McCluer 36, Galax 25

Ivette Carlos trey pulls Galax to within 40-32 of Parry McCluer after 3

1:15 remains, Parry McCluer 53, Galax 45 after a Brown and-one

Sounds like pretty good ball game start to finish. Big half court 3 before halftime and quick 4 to start the 3rd turned out to be huge momentum swing to give PM edge they needed to hold off Tide.

Anyone who was there think this could be a finals rematch?

Reactions: fightingblues
Region 1C girls championship: Parry McCluer 59, Galax 47, final. Galax will travel for state quarter, face either Rye Cove or Eastside

Sounds like pretty good ball game start to finish. Big half court 3 before halftime and quick 4 to start the 3rd turned out to be huge momentum swing to give PM edge they needed to hold off Tide.

Anyone who was there think this could be a finals rematch?

I'm not sure of the state tournament matchups, but I look for a Surry - Parry McCluer final (if that's how that are paired)

DWwvy2OXkAEszaO.jpg

C and D are paired together for the quarterfinal matchups. Do they also pair against each other once they get to the semi finals?

Logically I would imagine that past the quarters it would cross bracket with other half of the state?

Seems to be how I’ve always remembered in in past.

If they have the 2 C and D teams playing each other in the quarters AND the semi’s that is a poor way to do it.

Here's the state brackets although it should be Appomattox Regional Governor's School and not Appomattox County for the Region B runner-up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT