Cumberland (East #4) vs. George Wythe (West #1), 6:30
Honaker (West #3) vs. Appomattox Governor's (East #2), 8:15
Semifinals - March 4
First two winners play, 2:30
Second two winners play, 6 p.m.
Championship - March 9, at VCU
Semifinal winners 2:30

Parry McCluer leads Riverheads 30-18 late in 2Q

Blake Bartley with a pair of FTs, cuts Parry McCluer lead to 10.

Parry McCluer's Dunlap has been a problem for Riverheads with 16 first half points.

Blake Bartley leads Riverheads with 7 points, all FTs.

Riverheads' Emma Casto has picked up 3rd foul with team trailing Parry McCluer by 17, 5:11 3Q

Macey Snyder hits a 3 for Riverheads, but still down 14 to Parry McCluer.

Bartley hits 2 FTs, gets Riverheads to within 39-28

Parry McCluer up 42-28 over Riverheads in 3Q.

Parry McCluer opening it up on Riverheads. Up 60-32, under 5 minutes left

Parry McCluer now in control, leading Riverheads 62-35 about 3 minutes left.

Final: Parry McCluer 64, Riverheads 37.

Blake Bartley had 10 points to lead Riverheads, all of her points coming from the free throw line. Emma Casto finished with 9 points.

Parry McCluer vs. Surry County in Saturday's semis

The Riverheads senior quartet had a good ride for four years and should be proud. This year an additional senior transferred in and gave them an inside presence. As for PM, I did not read up on them much until today, but they are apparently a very young team, which means that they will likely be in the mix for the next two-three years, in addition to whatever they accomplish this year. They may even give Surry a run for its money Saturday.

The Riverheads senior quartet had a good ride for four years and should be proud. This year an additional senior transferred in and gave them an inside presence. As for PM, I did not read up on them much until today, but they are apparently a very young team, which means that they will likely be in the mix for the next two-three years, in addition to whatever they accomplish this year. They may even give Surry a run for its money Saturday.
What kind of team does Surry Co. have? Do they play play press D., do they have any size, are they quick, can they shoot the ball well and are they a senior laden team? Hope the lady Blues play well. Good luck GIRLS.

I would say that PM wins by 20.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT