ADVERTISEMENT

Hayfield vs South County

Keith_Stone33

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2013
I know I'm about a week early on this one, but I will be in NOVA the week of September 18th and I am headed to this game. Any early predictions on this one?

I'm going to be getting my first real taste of NOVA football this year, and since this is new territory for me, if there is any advice or recommendations you folks have please let me know (how early to get to the game to get a parking spot or seat, best places to eat nearby, etc.)

Last year this game was more competitive than I think it will be this year. I don't think Hayfield has the offensive firepower to keep up with South County, who pretty handily beat a decent Briar Woods team last week.

I would say the best game in NOVA next weekend will be Lake Braddock at Robinson. I would expect LB will take this one.

Last edited:
Thanks falcettik. I may go to LB at Robinson instead next week and South County at Westfield this week then. I'll be in NOVA the whole week of the 18th so I may just come up Friday instead of Sunday, so I can catch SC/Westfield. How much time should one give for traffic getting to these schools, coming from the west on I-66?

If you are coming from the west on I-66 it should not be bad since most traffic is heading west and not east. Once you get to Centreville take Route 28 North to Willard Rd (west) then left on Stonecroft Blvd . Westfield is right there. Parking is not an issue. Game starts at 7:00.

From the I-81/I-66 intersection it should take about and hour to reach the school.

I think you will find the WF-SC game to be more competitive than Hay-SC. LB-Rob does have the potential to be blowout with LB's pass first offense and solid ground game vs. Robinson's multiple back ground and pound but the two are sort of rivals and the games are usually good.

Reactions: Keith_Stone33
Wait to see if Hayfield hangs with Tuscarora this week. If they do, the South County game should be good. If not, then you can skip it. Still a good rivalry game.

I may go to LB at Robinson instead next week and South County at Westfield this week then. I'll be in NOVA the whole week of the 18th so I may just come up Friday instead of Sunday, so I can catch SC/Westfield.

^This

Definitely make it to the South County v. Westfield game, that is one you probably would not want to miss. If it were me I would go to that Lake Braddock and Robinson contest on the 18th, just to check out what kind of show Lake Braddock puts on.

Should be fine with traffic traveling 66 east as falcettik said, although I don't trust NOVA traffic for a minute. Give your self some additional time especially if you plan on grabbing some food before hand so you can make kickoff. It will probably be a good sized crowd too at the SC/WF game.

Reactions: Keith_Stone33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT