ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs----The VHSL's TOP PROGRAM IS NOW NATIONALLY RANKED

Now mighty(?) WESTFIELD has something to shoot for. Interesting. Maybe WESTFIELD can schedule Highland Springs next FALL.
They can’t play Westfield til 2021. Schedules are a 2 year cycle. Plus,Westfield turned HSHS’s request to play THIS YEAR due to I95 traffic on Fridays! Springers are currently #15 in the Nation by USA TODAY rankings!

They can’t play Westfield til 2021. Schedules are a 2 year cycle. Plus,Westfield turned HSHS’s request to play THIS YEAR due to I95 traffic on Fridays! Springers are currently #15 in the Nation by USA TODAY rankings!
Should be a great game when they play. The SPRINGERS have some tough games ahead : Colonial Forge, Varina, Manchester (last year's champion).

Should be a great game when they play. The SPRINGERS have some tough games ahead : Colonial Forge, Varina, Manchester (last year's champion).
Unfortunately....I don’t see HSHS/Westfield ever happening unless HSHS moves up to D6,and then ONLY in the State Finals. The Westfield HC and AD refuse to play them due to I95 traffic issues on Fridays.

Unfortunately....I don’t see HSHS/Westfield ever happening unless HSHS moves up to D6,and then ONLY in the State Finals. The Westfield HC and AD refuse to play them due to I95 traffic issues on Fridays.
You keep making a big deal out of this. It really isn't. Yes, traffic IS an issue. More importantly, there are enough solid teams in NOVA to play so why travel 2-3 hours for a game? Other than bragging rights the game provides little benefit for either team overall.

You keep making a big deal out of this. It really isn't. Yes, traffic IS an issue. More importantly, there are enough solid teams in NOVA to play so why travel 2-3 hours for a game? Other than bragging rights the game provides little benefit for either team overall.
How can the 2 top teams in the state facing each other NOT HELP?! There is nothing in NOVA as good as HSHS! I respect there are “solid teams” in NOVA,but they’re not HSHS. A 2-3 hr drive is no excuse. HSHS just traveled 6 hours to be tested. Maybe one day they can meet in the middle somewhere like Freedom did!

How can the 2 top teams in the state facing each other NOT HELP?! There is nothing in NOVA as good as HSHS! I respect there are “solid teams” in NOVA,but they’re not HSHS. A 2-3 hr drive is no excuse. HSHS just traveled 6 hours to be tested. Maybe one day they can meet in the middle somewhere like Freedom did!
It helps the fans, not the programs. WF has always been above average to very good, and HS is on an unprecedented run (sorry, Phoebus) and is, IMO, the best team in VA for at least this year and last. Perhaps even 2015-2016, but we will never know.

Last edited:
It helps the fans, not the programs. WF has always been above average to very good, and HS is on an unprecedented run (sorry, Phoebus) and is, IMO, the best team in VA for at least this year and last. Perhaps even 2015-2016, but we will never know.
I meant no malice! These teams could really make for a great home & home or a one game meet in the middle.

Reactions: falcettik
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT