ADVERTISEMENT

I'm officially declaring it

Nov 20, 2018
The team competing for the Girls State Championship in Richmond this year against the EAST will come from region D.
I was able to watch PH this past week and they are impressive. I believe the Tigers are better and will ultimately prevail and believe one of the two will represent in the end. I know going into the season and maybe even still today that both PH and HONAKER are a slight underdog but I truly think the Region D will sit alone when it's all over.

The team competing for the Girls State Championship in Richmond this year against the EAST will come from region D.
I was able to watch PH this past week and they are impressive. I believe the Tigers are better and will ultimately prevail and believe one of the two will represent in the end. I know going into the season and maybe even still today that both PH and HONAKER are a slight underdog but I truly think the Region D will sit alone when it's all over.

Again another article headlining the West
I guess the East has no chance in your eyes champ
Just remember what I originally said about the Riverhead ladies. Our schedule is tough and Brutal. When this thing is said and done I expect Riverheads to give Surry all they can handle. Our record is win a couple lose one win a couple lose one and repeat but when the team starts the post season in Single A it will be much different
Your not the only one that has southern connections champ. I called a few guys I know and they haven't heard anything about Honaker girls.
I heard plenty about the M7 Girls and boys but no one said a thing about Honaker being a powerhouse.
I really hope Riverheads gets hot and represents the East and would love to see Honaker be the team they had to play.

Just curious if you’ve seen GW, Galax PM this year. All 3 are pretty good. I’m not going to “declare” it but will say I think it’s a pretty good chance region C will represent the west. It’s times like this that I wish GWMOM was still on here to represent GW. Did I really just say that?

Just curious if you’ve seen GW, Galax PM this year. All 3 are pretty good. I’m not going to “declare” it but will say I think it’s a pretty good chance region C will represent the west. It’s times like this that I wish GWMOM was still on here to represent GW. Did I really just say that?

Please don't say that. Lol

I watched PM several times last year and hope to see the LB match up this year. Yes I've seen GW and Galax play this year. I still believe Honaker or PH can prevail. I realize what teams like Galax and PM bring to the table but Honaker is hungry and SWVA basketball is a physical game that can affect many teams. I think it's absurd to suggest that PM isn't the favorite going In so I won't suggest otherwise. However I don't see any blow outs happening in this years playoffs.
Remember SWVA is a copy cat area that will look hard at the central tape and find out exactly what gave PM issues and how to attack the same way.
There's plenty of tape to share of Galax as well.
The game I watched GW play was not impressive but I did notice they recently beat Galax. I find that very puzzling based on the games I watched.

Last edited:
Again another article headlining the West
I guess the East has no chance in your eyes champ
Just remember what I originally said about the Riverhead ladies. Our schedule is tough and Brutal. When this thing is said and done I expect Riverheads to give Surry all they can handle. Our record is win a couple lose one win a couple lose one and repeat but when the team starts the post season in Single A it will be much different
Your not the only one that has southern connections champ. I called a few guys I know and they haven't heard anything about Honaker girls.
I heard plenty about the M7 Girls and boys but no one said a thing about Honaker being a powerhouse.
I really hope Riverheads gets hot and represents the East and would love to see Honaker be the team they had to play.

Here you go again trolling my post and suggesting I'm disrespectful to the East. I'm not disrespecting the East I just stated that I thought the Region D could very well represent the West
Honestly I haven't been up past midnight in 6 months and your raising my blood pressure lol
Are you looking for some Bulletin Board material ?
Ok fine I will take the bait I've researched River Heads a little and see your record. I acknowledge your playing a few larger schools however I can't see Riverheads being a factor at all. Other than you I haven't heard a soul even mention Riverheads. As much as I know it will waste my time I plan to come see your girls play for myself. Good luck to you and please understand I'm not disrespecting anyone from the East.

Here we go with crazy talk when you haven’t seen all the teams play. I thought you had some inside info but the more I hear your blabber you are just a troll who has a daughter on the team. Maybe GWMoM moved to Honaker.

Here you go again trolling my post and suggesting I'm disrespectful to the East. I'm not disrespecting the East I just stated that I thought the Region D could very well represent the West
Honestly I haven't been up past midnight in 6 months and your raising my blood pressure lol
Ok fine I will take the bait I've researched River Heads a little and see your record. I acknowledge your playing a few larger schools however I can't see Riverheads being a factor at all. Other than you I haven't heard a soul even mention Riverheads. As much as I know it will waste my time I plan to come see your girls play for myself. Good luck to you and please understand I'm not disrespecting anyone from the East.
Don’t post if you don’t want someone to reply he just replied to your post don’t see any trolling

Don’t post if you don’t want someone to reply he just replied to your post don’t see any trolling

There's a little history with us two about the East and West. I was just giving him a little grief because I knew he was looking for it. Don't get so up tight it's all in good sport.

Here we go with crazy talk when you haven’t seen all the teams play. I thought you had some inside info but the more I hear your blabber you are just a troll who has a daughter on the team. Maybe GWMoM moved to Honaker.

Well I can assure you I'm no troll when it comes to girls basketball especially in the SWVA area. I've been involved for well over 35 years and graduated one daughter who's went on to coach in western PA who's probably older than many of you here posting lol. You are correct though I haven't been able to get around like I use to and haven't watched nearly as many games as I have in the past.

He just said he'd seen basically all of the teams in the West play.

PH's guards are to slow, that will hurt them, they have no bench either

I'm not trolling anything I'm just letting the WEST know that there's no easy road to a victory. Riverheads can compete with anyone. You ask me before where the lady's compare to teams such as Galax or PM. Well my answer is I think based on their schedule toughness and how it prepares them for post season play that the Lady gladiators are right in line with those other groups. I haven't actually watched PM or Galax but cant imagine them being much tougher than Riverheads Schedule. Riverheads is extremely well coached as well. The Boys and Girls programs are represented very well and blessed with great leadership.

I'm not trolling anything I'm just letting the WEST know that there's no easy road to a victory. Riverheads can compete with anyone. You ask me before where the lady's compare to teams such as Galax or PM. Well my answer is I think based on their schedule toughness and how it prepares them for post season play that the Lady gladiators are right in line with those other groups. I haven't actually watched PM or Galax but cant imagine them being much tougher than Riverheads Schedule. Riverheads is extremely well coached as well. The Boys and Girls programs are represented very well and blessed with great leadership.

Well I guess we should expect to see Riverheads representing the EAST or at least in the final two of the EAST if you feel they match up with Teams such as Galax and PM. Good luck to you

Reactions: fightingblues
Well I guess we should expect to see Riverheads representing the EAST or at least in the final two of the EAST if you feel they match up with Teams such as Galax and PM. Good luck to you

I believe surprising things are headed for Riverheads. Looking forward to the Post season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT