ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Jordan Houston Rivals 3-Stripe MVP

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Jordan Houston attended the Rivals 3-stripe Camp in Charlotte this past April and earned the Running Backs MVP award. The Flint Hill prospect showed the camp coaches how his skill-set matches up with some of the top college prospects on the East Coast.

"It was fun competing," Houston said. "That’s what I do; I compete. I love it. The running back coaches were very helpful with helping us run the routes.I'm hoping to get invited to the Rivals 5-Star challenge."

Houston has added a few offers in the past few months including Maryland and North Carolina and he is now up to 14 offers. He said he hopes to have a decision before the start of the high school football season.

"I plan on committing this summer," Houston said. "I want to feel like home when I'm at college. I want to be able to play right away and I want to have a good relationship with my coaches."

After gaining 1652 yards and 16 touchdowns as a freshman, Houston was injured in the 1st game of the season and he didn't return until the playoffs when Flint Hill lost to Benedictine. Last season, Houston ran for 1971 yards with 25 touchdowns while adding 10 receptions for 342 yards and four scores. He was selected VISAA D1 Player of the year after leading Flint Hill to a State championship.

"Missing my sophomore season was devastating. I had to work hard to get back to where I was and work even harder to get better. When we won the state title, I was so happy and I was so proud of my team. We worked so hard for this."

He says he hopes to have an even better senior year at Flint Hill in 2018.

For my senior year, I want to do all of that again. I want to repeat as State champions. I want to win All-Met player of the year and Gatorade Player of the Year for Virginia. I want everything possible to get and I am willing to work hard for all of it."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News