ADVERTISEMENT

King & Queen at Rappahannock on WRAR radio now

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
Game is on WRAR 105.5 FM, streaming online as well.

K&Q is up at the end of the 1st half - 29-26.

Could you keep me updated bud. Not able to be there tonight unfortunately and unable to follow online. I appreciate it

While halftime is going on, some positive news from Rappahannock athletics that was on the radio this morning and in the Rapp Times today.

Rapp's Savannah Goodman will be playing softball at the University of Mary Washington (I must say UMW is one fine academic institution with a gorgeous campus). Goodman also stars in Volleyball and Basketball.

Goodman will play college ball for former Northumberland coach Dee Conway.

Rapp's Riley Baughan will play Softball at Randolph-Macon College.She played Raider Volleyball as well.

RHS is the defending State softball champs (can't wait for the matchup v Northumberland).

Congrats to both girls and Rappahannock athletics.

other halftime or near scores -

CB up over NHS 38-29

Franklin over LHS 31-21 (Lancaster scored one point in the 2nd q....)

Rapp girls up over W&L 33-18.

WP girls were up.

Only 3 kids scored for K&Q during 1st half.

33-31 Tigers.

KQ gets a majority of their points from the Hill brothers and Robinson. No surprise there. Their lack of depth is what worries me

Rapp jumps to 5 point lead - 5 min left. RHS' Butler with like 13 points just in the 2nd half.

Rapp up by 7 now. Tigers have gone cold - no points in 4th so far.

Rapp usually turns the defense up an extra notch in the 4th.

Congrats to the Raiders as they advance to play the Franklin v LHS winner (I think).

Great season to K&Q. Game could have gone either way - tied at the end of 3rd q.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Thanks for the updates bud. Congrats to Rappahannock. Hope to catch them on Thursday.

Reactions: uvacavs1
Sorry LHS lost. Must be tough for the defending state champs.

Franklin won 76-67 and will travel to Rapp. Thank goodness Rapp does not have to go to Franklin....

CB defeated NHS 71-53. Tough season for the Indians. Some good seniors finish with a bummer.

W&L plays later tonight at Surry. I met a fine older gentleman today who said his grandson plays for the Eagles. Good luck to them.

They said that in the Franklin win over Lancaster, that Franklin kid Ford (the ODU football D1 commit I assume, he was hurt during football, must be very healthy now) was awesome, like well over 30 points and ran show.

Obviously, Rapp needs to game plan to stop this dude. Who else does Franklin have? Any height to be concerned about? 3 point aces?

Rapp one game from states right? Been awhile if I'm not mistaken. Hope they can do it.

Franklin has been under the radar because of a very tough schedule. I picked Lancaster to beat them, but I also thought that whomever won that game would beat Rappahannock and advance to the regional championship

They said that in the Franklin win over Lancaster, that Franklin kid Ford (the ODU football D1 commit I assume, he was hurt during football, must be very healthy now) was awesome, like well over 30 points and ran show.

Obviously, Rapp needs to game plan to stop this dude. Who else does Franklin have? Any height to be concerned about? 3 point aces?

Rapp one game from states right? Been awhile if I'm not mistaken. Hope they can do it.

Ford committed to wake forest now.yeah he is a handful.you have to double team him.no question about it..lancaster wasnt physical or tried to double him..they came out in a zone and franklin shot them out of it with the three ball..once they went to man defense, got a heavy dose of Ford..lancaster tried a full court press as well.they maybe had three turnovers out of 10 poss franklin had against it..offensive rebounds is what really hurt lancaster this game..just could not get a board on defense.Carr and Ford probably had more O rebounds then lancaster had Defensive rebounds

Ford committed to wake forest now.yeah he is a handful.you have to double team him.no question about it..lancaster wasnt physical or tried to double him..they came out in a zone and franklin shot them out of it with the three ball..once they went to man defense, got a heavy dose of Ford..lancaster tried a full court press as well.they maybe had three turnovers out of 10 poss franklin had against it..offensive rebounds is what really hurt lancaster this game..just could not get a board on defense.Carr and Ford probably had more O rebounds then lancaster had Defensive rebounds

Thanks. That's right, Wake Forest. I had forgot he was offered there. Awesome. I hope he does great - ACC!

Game tonight is on WRAR -105.5 - 804RealRadio.com

Forgot to mention, freshman Meridith Slaw at Virginia Tech- also ACC (Graduated from Rapp last year) plays softball for them.

She hit a home run (3 run) this past weekend already this early in the season.

1A kids doing well!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT