ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor 19 Monacan 14 - FINAL

Re: Monacan 14 Lake Taylor 12 - 4th Q

Whoa. Wild ending here. The field goal is no good. Monacan thought they had it won. But it was still a live ball. Somehow Lake Taylor scored

Lake Taylor 18 Monacan 14 - Late 4th

Unreal. Monacan blocks the FG and runs off the field thinking the game is over. But ball didn't cross scrimmage line, LT picked it up & TD.

Lake Taylor 19 Monacan 14 - Late 4th

Marquise Poole picked the ball up and scored. So it's 18-14 Lake Taylor PAT still to come, but it's basically meaningless.

Lake Taylor 19. Monacan 14.

:05 to go.

Re: Monacan 14 Lake Taylor 12 - 4th Q

They must have been at the 6 yd line...tough night for the kicker..thats an extra point..crazy ending! LT scores but it's a penalty..Misses field goal and scores on same play..hope to see a highlight of that one!

Thanks Pizzzza for the updates. Would love to see highlights from this game. What news station will show it? Will go on the website later to watch it

I know it breaks my heart for those kids, especially if they thought they won and started celebrating.

They hadn't been there before, and too many high school kids just don't know the rules of the game.

I have the headline for this one:

"While Monacan Dances, Lake Taylor Advances"

In a nutshell what happened:

Monacan led Lake Taylor 14-12, Lake Taylor attempts FG, and its blocked, ball still live Lake Taylor picks it up and scores (ball didn't cross line of scrimmage).

Lake Taylor will be in next week's 4A Title game in Lynchburg against Liberty-Bealeton & Salem winner

WOW Pizzzzza. Great job as usual. Thanks. You going to do the games tomorrow?

Wow! Wish I had been there. Congrats to both. Hell of a game. Just goes to show, Friday night can be anyone's.

I'm gonna try - it was hard enough trying to watch 2 games online (Tuscaroa/Massaponax and Ocean Lakes/Oscar Smith), and listen to a 3rd (Monacan/Lake Taylor) at the same time! - LOL

I agree. Any team would have done the same thing. Apparently LT knew to take the ball and score

Definitely, I can't believe how heartbroken I am for these kids. I had no dog in this hunt, but I know this will be something they'll never really shake. They just have to use it as a spring board for next season. Congratulations to Lake Taylor on keeping their heads and on the great comeback and final drive to give themselves the chance. Next week it's going to be a war with Salem or Liberty. Good luck.

You said it all Matt. Just a terrible way to lose after that effort. But amazingly heads up play. Just WOW. How else can you describe it. Just WOW.

After watching the video, I think a coach or someone told them to pick it up because there was few second delay before a player picked it up.

I agree. You can't see the ball, but the LT kids seemed to stand still for about 5 seconds. Then suddenly started moving. I commend the officials. It appears they were aware and did not stop the game. Of course, they could have been like most, just frozen in the moment.

I posted the question on this play as well as similar plays on the "ask the official" thread. I'll be curious to see the complete explanations.

That's a lot of views for one game. Just curious; does anyone have any ideal if this is a record for views. I can't remember seeing that many before. As of 8:45 am Saturday morning that was the number.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT