ADVERTISEMENT

Lancaster 70 Franklin 53

VHSL is a JOKE. Altavista should not be picking the neutral site. It should be VHSL equal distant for both schools. Same Gym they just played in???????? WOW

"#1 seed gotta travel 3 1/2 hours to play at a neutral site in which Altavista only has to travel 30 mins. Oookkk we see the hand they dealing us, let’s flip the table on them and get this W!!! Let’s go Red Devils!!!
….. It’s just business…..
….. Let’s do it for the NNK"

VHSL is a JOKE. Altavista should not be picking the neutral site. It should be VHSL equal distant for both schools. Same Gym they just played in???????? WOW

"#1 seed gotta travel 3 1/2 hours to play at a neutral site in which Altavista only has to travel 30 mins. Oookkk we see the hand they dealing us, let’s flip the table on them and get this W!!! Let’s go Red Devils!!!
No offense but I don't remember anyone complaining last year when you guys played both the quarterfinals and semifinals in your own gym. If Altavista would've beat Westmoreland last year then they would have traveled 4 hours to play in your gym. It's their turn to host.

Lancaster still wins this one despite the travel.

I do wish they would go back to cross-bracketing the final four and regional locations at bigger venues for the quarterfinals.

There aren't any seeds. It alternates each year if both Region champions win in the state quarterfinals. This was predetermined before the season even began. Can't say I agree with it, but this info was posted on the vhsl site since the beginning of the season

Last edited:
Granted neutral sites should be used for all regional, quarter, semis, and finals. But I doubt VHSL would like that. They’re looking at revenue. More than likely would loose a couple dollars in revenue. An ole friend of mine told me several years ago, “When people making decisions have the label Dr. with a PHD making decisions for athletics, not good.” Why not go back to sectionals as was used in the earlier 2010’s.

No offense but I don't remember anyone complaining last year when you guys played both the quarterfinals and semifinals in your own gym. If Altavista would've beat Westmoreland last year then they would have traveled 4 hours to play in your gym. It's their turn to host.

Lancaster still wins this one despite the travel.

I do wish they would go back to cross-bracketing the final four and regional locations at bigger venues for the quarterfinals.
Yeahhhh we know it’s predetermined but isn’t that the reason teams fight hard during the season for home court advantage? Andddd Lancaster hosted last year because they were the #1 seed as they should’ve. The team will be just find, I think they are upset because of the fans that can’t make it and really want to be there. Honestly when it get to state play they should split the distance and let it go from there. Now that’s “neutral”. Just my opinion.

Yeahhhh we know it’s predetermined but isn’t that the reason teams fight hard during the season for home court advantage? Andddd Lancaster hosted last year because they were the #1 seed as they should’ve. The team will be just find, I think they are upset because of the fans that can’t make it and really want to be there. Honestly when it get to state play they should split the distance and let it go from there. Now that’s “neutral”. Just my opinion.
I imagine somewhere around Louisa or Goochland would be close to halfway between the two schools with adequate seating, parking, and concessions. Someone said on one of the boards earlier, play semi finals and finals at one location. But you know that makes to much common sense.

I imagine somewhere around Louisa or Goochland would be close to halfway between the two schools with adequate seating, parking, and concessions. Someone said on one of the boards earlier, play semi finals and finals at one location. But you know that makes to much common sense.

They used to play semis and finals at the Siegel Center. I still don't know why they stopped that. It made for one epic week of basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT