ADVERTISEMENT

LCA only has 8 games...

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
scheduled this year if I'm looking at the schedule right. I think last year they only had 9, It's no wonder they are pushing so hard to get in the VHSL. I think if they would make some agreements on not allowing 5th yr srs they could get in and schedule more games. Using the multiplier they'd probably be 4a as they have 415 boys, if you assume an equal amount of girls and multiply by 1.5 you'd get a little over 1200. It's obvious LCA needs to do something and I'm sure the VHSL would like to put this lawsuit behind them as well. If they work on this they could be playing next year. I know there is a lot of consternation with the idea of them being in the VHSL, but I think it will happen as long as LCA makes some changes.

8 to 9 games is typical for privates. The problem is schedules around the boarding schools. They don't force the kids on campus that much longer than other students. The boarding schools I am familiar with only report 2-3 weeks before school starts and first games. If they add to the end they go into Thanksgiving break. Even though LCA isnt a boarding school a lot of the football schools are. I have seen articles that unfairly portray privates as having an advantage because they dont have to adhere to VHSL practice schedules. That may be true for local day schools where everyone lives nearby but it couldn't be farther from the truth when you look at boarding schools. There was interview with FUMA's new coach last year, another site I believe, asking how the team was shaping up for the coming year. The coaches response was I am not even sure who is on the team until they show up 2-3 weeks before they play

I believe they don't play the 10 games seasons like public schools, just like the other private schools. Just like winning the state championship. They play about 2-3 games and public schools last year played about double that to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT