ADVERTISEMENT

Longtime Oscar Smith faithful probably relishing another shot at TD.

Smith complained because they think Dale watered the field before the game. If I recall the weather had some rain leading up to theme, but the sprinklers were on or something like that. Slowed down Smith's potent passing attack and they ran the ball with JC Coleman something like 40 times.

Smith was undefeated, with High National Ranking. VHSL rules gave Dale home field only based on annual rotations between districts not based on rankings. Most all of the other games were postponed due to weather. VHSL allowed the Dale coach to decide whether they played or not that day.

Interestingly, this week is calling for rain Mon - Thursday and the field went from beautiful to torn up after the battle with Ocean Lakes. If the field looks rough, it'll be interesting to see if Smith looks to change venues and one that will show off their team speed?

Coach Morgan already has commented that he hasn't forgotten what happened with Thomas Dale in 2009 and he's looking forward to their rematch!

If you've got a world class football team, you'd better be able to back it up no matter what the field conditions are. Anybody who has a home game against you is going to want the field as sloppy as possible.

We had rain for like the last three weeks of the season. We had to play Matoaca on a Monday because of rain, then played Herm in a swamp at their place. It rained all night and during the game. I was on the field talking to Rod Johnson and Tom Garrett when Coach Morgan was yelling to his kids about sprinklers.

We already know we're little ole Thomas Dale heading south to catch a payback beat down. Do you mind if we at least show up?

The Dale/Cosby game was like watching paint dry

thanks for coming

Smith was undefeated, with High National Ranking. VHSL rules gave Dale home field only based on annual rotations between districts not based on rankings. Most all of the other games were postponed due to weather. VHSL allowed the Dale coach to decide whether they played or not that day.

Interestingly, this week is calling for rain Mon - Thursday and the field went from beautiful to torn up after the battle with Ocean Lakes. If the field looks rough, it'll be interesting to see if Smith looks to change venues and one that will show off their team speed?

Coach Morgan already has commented that he hasn't forgotten what happened with Thomas Dale in 2009 and he's looking forward to their rematch!

it snowed 4 inches in the northern region that day, that's why they cancelled. Bt

We know Thomas Dale is a good team they beat us before and they can beat us again. These are two entirely different teams from the last time they hooked up so we just have to see what happens. Smith don't care about being underdogs or the so called favorites . All they want to do its but all they have put there on the field for 48 mins and see what happens.

All the teams at this level are quality opponents and it should be a good game. Dale needs to bring their fans. Ocean lakes did Friday night & it was a great game just as a casual football fan to see both sides of the stands packed. Even the auxiliary bleachers were filled.

I think the Beach sportsplex is a strange place for football because both sides of the field aren't filled with fans. Chesapeake needs to have a city stadium

Field muggy I wanna see this game played at Kellam HS not far from the sportsplex I doubt huge turn out unlike the Smith and Icean Lakes game nice big stadium field turf

it snowed 4 inches in the northern region that day, that's why they cancelled. Bt

I remember the Stone Bridge-Massaponax game the next day (they played on Sunday), the field was almost 100% mud. The Massaponax kickoff returner not being able to spot the ball in the mud was one of the strangest things I've seen in a football game.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT