ADVERTISEMENT

Loudoun County wins 3-0

rkesportsfan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jun 8, 2004
Both teams played kinda tight but LC pulled out a close match in 3 straight games. First game was 31-29. Second game was 25-21. In the third game, LC was down 24-18 but stormed back for the 3 game sweep and their 2nd straight state title. Congratulations!

Who knew Loudoun County and Roanoke County were volleyball hotbeds in VA? This is the 9th straight year that the state champion came from one of those 2 counties. Cave Spring has won 4 state titles, Loudoun Valley has won 3, and now Loudoun County has won 2. And you could add to that 1 runner-up finish each for CS, LV, LC, & HV and a Final Four appearence by Northside and a state title for Glenvar in Single A too. Wow!

And a final four appearance for Salem too!!!!!!!! Still upset Salem knocked CS out last year, I guess. Facts are facts!

i think rkesportsfan was simply bringing attention to Roanoke County schools and how well they have done in recent years at the A and AA level. No one is forgetting Salem and their final four appearance...congrats to them on their accomplishment...it's just that Salem is not a part of Roanoke County now is it? And if you want to talk about FACTS...i think it would be ridiculous for a CS fan or supporter to ever be upset about anything. 5 straight appearances in a state final and 4 championships. This all shows that volleyball in the Roanoke VALLEY has improved greatly over the years. And who is responsible for that? Why it would be the players and their commitment to improving themselves at a game that they enjoy playing! So congrats to all the girls who played their best this season and congrats to all those teams that performed so well when it counted the most!! This area continues to make great strides in improving their level of play and that was never more obvious than this seson.

Salem apparently needs to offer more geography classes. Salem High School is NOT in Roanoke County - it is in the City of Salem. My original e-mail was about the impressive results for schools from Roanoke County and Loudoun County over the past 9 years, which is why Salem wasn't mentioned. If it makes you feel better, congrats to Salem for its one Final Four appearence in the last 9 years! And since you like FACTS, here are some for you... 6 of Salem's 7 starters are graduating and their JV team was weak this year. Congrats on a good season and good luck in the future.
This post was edited on 11/16 4:19 PM by rkesportsfan

I believe that another Roanoke County school, William Byrd, won the state volleyball championship in 2000 with a win over Chancellor.Volleyball is very strong here in the valley.

Congratz to all the schoold in the area on great years. HV made it to semifinals, and has a ton of tallent coming back. WB, and NS made it to regionals. Glenvar made it to states and took the eventual champs to 5 games. Salem made it to the final 4 of state. CS made it to regionals. I think its evident that JO's is making a huge impact on all area teams.

Looking forward I see HV and CS having a huge battle for the RRD next season. Salem is losing all but one player with significant playing time. While I think Salem could get the 3rd place invite to regionals it will be tough. Great year, those matches with HV all season were the best Ive seen in a long time.

Certainly a lot of ugly rhetoric to end a fantastic Volleyball season, especially for the RRD. HV and Salem played 4 of the best matches anyone could ever have seen. Seems like a lot of living in the past instead of enjoying the present.

I didn't read any of this as "ugly rhetoric." People were just making the point that our area has a long history of very successful volleyball. HV and SHS added another chapter to that story this season. Congrats to everyone for a great season.

LC returns a very strong team again next year. Hope everyone can make it back again to states! Win or lose, it's quite an accomplishment and gets tougher every year. Lots of great volleyball players and teams.

LC is always good so no one will be surprised if they make it back to Richmond next season. How many senior starters do they lose off this year's team? Congrats on another great season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT