ADVERTISEMENT

Manchester @ Colonial Forge

Because I'm kinda riding the fence I have 2 outcomes / scores.

1. If CF DL dominates and CF can run the ball: CF 27 - 21

2. If CF fails to accomplish the above: Man 42 - 21

I don't mind being wrong because either way I think the winner takes states.

Reactions: cockadoodledude
Yeah but this is misleading bc Hermitage & Riverbend ended up being abysmal this year. They are usually more than solid. Also, add in a 0-10 GW every season those numbers get skewed. They also obliterated some solid teams. They were head and shoulders better than anyone in Richmond except HSHS.

Are you taking Colonial Forge as well? What you got the score being?
It is far from a perfect science what I did; was just an added stat to think about. But Colonial Forge played Riverbend as well; their only common opponent if I remember correctly. However, Forge stopped piling on quite early in the game, as in many other of their contests as the coach will not allow it and unless it is a deal breaker, such as a playoff game; I think that may also add to the obscurity of all this too. And I know that Manchester is a very good team, and played some talented teams. But I think CF's run of Patriot (7-4), Hylton (7-4), Brooke Point (7-5), Massaponax (11-1) (35-0) , N. Stafford (Devyn Ford, 18 carries, 29 yds) (9-2), and Franklin County (7-4) is pretty impressive; and with the exception of N. Stafford, beat all of these teams handedly. With that, and to answer your question, and with Forge playing at home at night, I'd say CF 38 Manchester 24...but I'd be surprised if Manchester scores that much.

Reactions: loyal2thesoil
I am torn between going to this game versus the North Stafford/Massaponax game on Friday night.
I'm in the exact same boat. My deciding factor is that N. Stafford playing at Massaponax is what will make Massaponax win by at least two TDs. Having watched both these teams a few times this season, I think the home field raucous and inattention is what will get N. Stafford. With that, I must go to the OL @ WF game. IMO I think this will be the better battle.

Was a good game. I do think the better team won. With that being said, Manchester needs to clean up all the penalties if they want to beat OL and eventually take down Westfield.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Was a good game. I do think the better team won. With that being said, Manchester needs to clean up all the penalties if they want to beat OL and eventually take down Westfield.
Who’s got the home field next week? Man or OL?

Well, on Thanksgiving I was served Turkey. Tonight, I was served a heaping helping of good ol' crow. Just got in from the game. Manchester made me a believer tonight. They are in fact the real deal as many of you were saying. Forge had their chances early on in the first quarter; having the ball inside of Manchester's 5-yard line twice and not capitalizing. Manchester has an out of this world defensive front. Congratulations Manchester fans. I'd be surprised if you all don't take home the State. God bless and best wishes going forward; you were the better team tonight.

Reactions: mbonape1
Smith took it on the chin tonight too... They couldn't deal with Ocean Lakes Blitz package, same issue they had vs I. River.

Manchester handled Ocean Lakes pretty easily in their preseason scrimmage. I think it was 39-7 or something similar before both teams started playing most of their #2's.

Reactions: cockadoodledude
Well, on Thanksgiving I was served Turkey. Tonight, I was served a heaping helping of good ol' crow. Just got in from the game. Manchester made me a believer tonight. They are in fact the real deal as many of you were saying. Forge had their chances early on in the first quarter; having the ball inside of Manchester's 5-yard line twice and not capitalizing. Manchester has an out of this world defensive front. Congratulations Manchester fans. I'd be surprised if you all don't take home the State. God bless and best wishes going forward; you were the better team tonight.

Manchester’s lines are huge. I really think they can win with no passes at all if they just go to their power set without holding or jumping offside

Smith took it on the chin tonight too... They couldn't deal with Ocean Lakes Blitz package, same issue they had vs I. River.

Manchester handled Ocean Lakes pretty easily in their preseason scrimmage. I think it was 39-7 or something similar before both teams started playing most of their #2's.

Were you there? I thought someone said it was a 1 touchdown ball game??

Were you there? I thought someone said it was a 1 touchdown ball game??
I went to the game. It was a pretty even game overall for the first half, except that MAN stopped CF twice on the 2 yard line-once on 4th and goal and once with an INT in the end zone-to get a 14-0 lead at the half. In the third quarter MAN started to roll a bit better offensively, relying on their RB and the QB, Clark, as the passing game was not really working for them (not because of Clark but because the CF corners were very good in coverage tonight). Once MAN got their third score at the end of the 3rd quarter you kind of had a feeling it was over. I say that because CF was having trouble moving the ball against the MAN front on the ground, and the CF QB was under pressure almost every time he tried to pass. CF did get a pick to start the 4th quarter that they were able to turn into a TD several play later and then they immediately held MAN to three an out, but could not get that second score. I left with about 4 minutes remaining and MAN with the ball and a first down.

CF is no slouch of a team but MAN was just better IMO. They are a really good team and Clark is a strong dual threat. He easily had over 100 yards on the ground and he is fast.

I went to the game. It was a pretty even game overall for the first half, except that MAN stopped CF twice on the 2 yard line-once on 4th and goal and once with an INT in the end zone-to get a 14-0 lead at the half. In the third quarter MAN started to roll a bit better offensively, relying on their RB and the QB, Clark, as the passing game was not really working for them (not because of Clark but because the CF corners were very good in coverage tonight). Once MAN got their third score at the end of the 3rd quarter you kind of had a feeling it was over. I say that because CF was having trouble moving the ball against the MAN front on the ground, and the CF QB was under pressure almost every time he tried to pass. CF did get a pick to start the 4th quarter that they were able to turn into a TD several play later and then they immediately held MAN to three an out, but could not get that second score. I left with about 4 minutes remaining and MAN with the ball and a first down.

CF is no slouch of a team but MAN was just better IMO. They are a really good team and Clark is a strong dual threat. He easily had over 100 yards on the ground and he is fast.

I Was talking about the Ocean Lakes vs Manchester preseason scrimmage... not tonight’s game in my quote that you “quoted”.

However, I agree with your assessment. I saw the live stream tonight.

I Was talking about the Ocean Lakes vs Manchester preseason scrimmage... not tonight’s game in my quote that you “quoted”.

I was there and I’ve heard several people say the game was close and i have no clue what they were talking about. I missed the first possession and OL only scored once the entire time from what i remember. Scoreboard wasn’t on. I saw manchester score multiple times and it was not close. OL is going to be in some trouble next week. Manchester dominated their line both ways. I can’t wait for this game though as it will be at OL so i won’t have to travel. CF actually played better than i thought but once Manchester went up 14-0 i knew it was over. Shocked they didn’t win by more.

Manchester was no doubt the better team tonight, Forge had their chances early but didn’t caplitalize and the pure strength of Manchester top to bottom eventually wore them down..ocean lakes is dangerous and has some stud athletes but Westfield is the only team i could realistically see beating Manchester in class 6 purely based off of discipline, coaching and experience..however Man def looks to be the best team in an insanely loaded class 6 this year

Last edited:

Sorry for the misquote. It was a long day out in the cold, seeing both SB-BR and then MAN-CF. Guess my brain froze up a bit.

It was a game of 'if's' for CF. Convert inside the 5 and Man is chasing the scoreboard. I have a feeling that the Man coaches are not going to be all that happy watching film. Undisciplined play could cost them in the semis or state game (if they reach it). The penalties they rack up when they switch to bully ball (basically their O and D line with a power back) inside the 10 is unstoppable, except for the penalties. CFs D did all they could to give the O chances.

Last edited:

Yeah, I damn near had tear when I saw OS had gone down too; had become used to the OS vs. Colonial Forge annual get together. Well, at least for the time being the tide has shifted. I'm thinking a Westfield vs Manchester state championship game. Will be something to watch.

It was a game of 'if's' for CF. Convert inside the 5 and Man is chasing the scoreboard. I have a feeling that the Man coaches are not going to be all that happy watching film. Undisciplined play could cost them in the semis or state game (if they reach it). The penalties they rack up when they switch to bully ball (basically their O and D line with a power back) inside the 10 is unstoppable, except for the penalties. CFs D did all they could to give the O chances.
Yes, this one is squarely on the CF's offense. I agree. I don't know if I've seen anything at a high school football game in all my years like what Manchester is able to employ in its power game; like you said, I can't imagine any team stopping that. And that QB Clark...looks like a faster Cam Newton to me. I'd be curious as to some of the other opinions here, and nothing against Westfield, but I'd like to see how they deal with this team. I'd be surprised if it's not those two playing for the belt.

Reactions: loyal2thesoil
Yes, this one is squarely on the CF's offense. I agree. I don't know if I've seen anything at a high school football game in all my years like what Manchester is able to employ in its power game; like you said, I can't imagine any team stopping that. And that QB Clark...looks like a faster Cam Newton to me. I'd be curious as to some of the other opinions here, and nothing against Westfield, but I'd like to see how they deal with this team. I'd be surprised if it's not those two playing for the belt.

He’s not faster than cam newton lol. Not even close. Manchester will win the state championship. Only reason they don’t is if penalties get the best of them. Only team in the state that could possibly beat them (barring a Manchester penalty collapse) is HSHS which we unfortunately won’t see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT