ADVERTISEMENT

Player Profile Miles Thompson

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Flint Hill junior quarterback Miles Thompson recently earned his first D1 offer after a season where he helped the Huskies to the State title. Thompson received his offer from Army to attend West Point.

"I had been communicating with a few of the coaches from Army for about a week," Thompson said, "and they asked me to call them. They offered over the phone."

Thompson said he is also receiving interest from Temple, Davidson, and Harvard. In addition to attending college recruiting camps, he hopes to make an impression when he attends the Rivals Combine at the end of March.

"I hope to show my accuracy but most importantly my speed," Thompson said about the camps. "I can run low 4.4 hand time and I don’t think a lot of coaches know that because I don’t run much in my film. My biggest point of emphasis has definitely been my accuracy. I just worked with my dad who trains quarterbacks and we focused a lot on my mechanics and footwork so I could be more accurate."

He helped Flint Hill to an 11-0 record while earning 1st team All-State for D1. Thompson finished the season with 1792 passing yards with 24 touchdown passes against five interceptions. He also rushed for 495 yards while adding another seven rushing touchdowns. He says the team was very confident heading into the 2017 season.

"Everyone on the team had a feeling once we got our schedule in the Spring that we had a good chance to win it all. We felt that all of our best players were coming back, and with my arrival, we had more of a passing attack than before. So we felt like we were just a better more mature version of the team that almost made it to the state championship in 2016 "

He got better as the season went along. Early on, the team relied on star running back Jordan Houston but by the end of the season Thompson was the leader of the offense. His passing and decision making was key to Flint Hill averaging 43.7 point per game. In the state semi-final win over Benedictine, Thompson passed for 200 yards and ran for 100 yards while accounting for four touchdowns.

"This was my first year really playing quarterback and running and offense so the first part of the year was really a learning experience for me," he said. "Our coaches and our running game helped me a lot in the beginning of the season and made it so I didn’t have to do too much but by the end of the season as I started to get comfortable back there with my ability to get the ball in the hands of our skill players. My passing and style of play fit in really well with our physicality and running game and made our offense really hard to defend."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News