ADVERTISEMENT

My Latest Top 10 (February 14th, 2022)

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
Regular season is winding down for some, while others begin district tournaments this week. As always, just my opinion. Feel free to chime in as I always like to hear feedback and other members top 10s

1. Lancaster
2. Parry McCluer
3. Twin Springs
4. Auburn
5. Buffalo Gap
6. Altavista
7. Rye Cove
8. West Point
9. Rappahannock County
10. Fort Chiswell

Regular season is winding down for some, while others begin district tournaments this week. As always, just my opinion. Feel free to chime in as I always like to hear feedback and other members top 10s

1. Lancaster
2. Parry McCluer
3. Twin Springs
4. Auburn
5. Buffalo Gap
6. Altavista
7. Rye Cove
8. West Point
9. Rappahannock County
10. Fort Chiswell
1. McCluer
2. Lancaster
3. Auburn
4. Altavista
5. Buffalo Gap
6. JI Burton
7. Eastside
8. West Point
9. Rye Cove
10. Rapp County

1. Lancaster
2. Parry McCluer
3. Twin Springs
4. Auburn
5. Buffalo Gap
6. Altavista
7. Rye Cove
8. West Point
9. Rappahannock County
10. Fort Chiswell
Awesome looking list once again. Still don’t understand why and how ppl don’t see Lancaster as the clear #1. They earned it but like you said, it’s an opinion.

Awesome looking list once again. Still don’t understand why and how ppl don’t see Lancaster as the clear #1. They earned it but like you said, it’s an opinion.
And I respect everyone's opinion. I've seen every team listed in the top 10 at least once and some I've seen numerous times. Lancaster is the best 1A team I've seen thus far. But the playoffs are almost here and it will ultimately be decided on the court

Again- Championship or bust for LHS. Too talented and a ton of time invested for anything less.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
1. McCluer
2. Lancaster
3. Auburn
4. Altavista
5. Buffalo Gap
6. JI Burton
7. Eastside
8. West Point
9. Rye Cove
10. Rapp County
No Twin Springs despite them winning the district over Burton, Eastside and Rye Cove? All teams that you have ranked.

No Twin Springs despite them winning the district over Burton, Eastside and Rye Cove? All teams that you have ranked.
Just going by my opinion on their chances/matchups against McCluer/Auburn, and I like JI Burtons defense and athleticism and Eastside's overall talent, historical success.

As for McCluer and having seen both Lancaster and McCluer. I could see Lancaster 1 and McCluer 2. I truly think it's a coin flip. 50-50 type of game, and I think both will play for the state title. I had McCluer 1 since they are defending Champs, but I think Lancaster and McCluer are just neck and neck, anybodies game when they meet.

No disrespect to any other Class 1 schools as there is lots of ball left and things can happen, but I think there is a pretty decent size gap between McCluer/Lancaster and the rest of the state this year. It would really surprise me if these two weren't playing in the title game.

Reactions: Festivus1
Lancaster
Parry mccluer
Rye cove
Twin springs
Auburn
Buffalo gap
West Point
Fort chiswell
Rappahannock county
Altavista

I’ve watched BG on NFHS several times this year. They have played a difficult schedule. I think they better than your 3 or 4. Just my opinion watching them on film. Oh by the way I’ve seen RC and TS in person.

Reactions: REDDEVILS00
Gotta put Twin Springs ahead of Burton. Beat them twice and once wasn't even close
Cumberland District tournament begins tonight and should be fun. All four are good teams, but one won't even qualify for regionals with how Region D has their regional tournament setup and taking top 3 from each of the 3 districts

Reactions: BigWinners
Tonight's results are why I had Burton and Eastside so high and ahead of Rye Cove and Twin Springs. Eastside and Burton just have history on their side when it comes to advancing to state. Eastside hasn't been talked about much all year, but they may actually win the region over Burton.

Tonight's results are why I had Burton and Eastside so high and ahead of Rye Cove and Twin Springs. Eastside and Burton just have history on their side when it comes to advancing to state. Eastside hasn't been talked about much all year, but they may actually win the region over Burton.
Those four teams are all fairly equal in my opinion. One of them won't even make it to the region tournament. I will say that I think Region C will advance both of their state qualifiers to the state semifinals, especially if those two are Parry McCluer and Auburn, as I think both of them are better than any of the Region D teams. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but that's my thinking right now.

Those four teams are all fairly equal in my opinion. One of them won't even make it to the region tournament. I will say that I think Region C will advance both of their state qualifiers to the state semifinals, especially if those two are Parry McCluer and Auburn, as I think both of them are better than any of the Region D teams. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but that's my thinking right now.
I agree with you. All 4 are close. I don't see either of them beating a C team either.

I think Region B and D have the two most wide open regions. Lancaster is the clear favorite in Region A, but it will be a battle to see who gets the other spot, barring Lancaster getting upset. Region C has PM and Auburn as the top two, but Fort Chiswell and Narrows could surprise as well. Region B has Altavista, Buffalo Gap Rappahannock County and Riverheads who all could easily win the Region and advance to states. Region D will more than likely be represented by 2 teams from the Cumberland District, unless Northwood has something to say about it

I think Region B and D have the two most wide open regions. Lancaster is the clear favorite in Region A, but it will be a battle to see who gets the other spot, barring Lancaster getting upset. Region C has PM and Auburn as the top two, but Fort Chiswell and Narrows could surprise as well. Region B has Altavista, Buffalo Gap Rappahannock County and Riverheads who all could easily win the Region and advance to states. Region D will more than likely be represented by 2 teams from the Cumberland District, unless Northwood has something to say about it
I totally forgot about Altavista in B. I thought Altavista was in C. They are pretty dang good.

I totally forgot about Altavista in B. I thought Altavista was in C. They are pretty dang good.
Yes they are. They are the #3 seed in Region B. Buffalo Gap is 1 and Rappahannock County is 2. William Campbell is 4 and Riverheads is 5. WC actually beat Altavista not too long ago and Riverheads just beat Gap last week. Rappahannock County has played tough competition as well. That should be a fun Region to watch

Reactions: Fairlawncat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT