ADVERTISEMENT

NoVa Predictions

Feb 22, 2021

NoVa HS Football

@NoVaHSFootball1
https://twitter.com/NoVaHSFootball1
Has posted all the Northern region schedules with a prediction of wins for that schedule. Here is how it shakes out:
Number of Wins

Concorde
Madison 9
South Lakes 7
Westfield 6
Chantilly 6
Centreville 4
Oakton 2

Liberty
Yorktown 8
Herndon 7
Langley 5
W&L 5
Marshall 4
McLean 3
Wakefield 1

National
Edison 9
Hayfield 7
Mt Vernon 6
Annandale 3
Lewis 2
Justice 2
Falls Church 2
Jefferson ?

Patriot
Fairfax 8
South County 8
Lake Braddock 7
West Springfield 5
Robinson 4
West Potomac 4
Alex City 3
WT Woodson 2

4 comments,
9 Wins for the Warkhawks is asking quite a bit with what graduated and I am a Madison homer.
Edison Eagles with 9 wins? Hope they do, but that seems high although the schedule is favorable.
Robinson with 4 wins, seems low.
And Centreville with 4 wins, when was the last time they didnt win 5?

Any other thoughts on these?

NoVa HS Football
@NoVaHSFootball1
Has posted all the Northern region schedules with a prediction of wins for that schedule. Here is how it shakes out:
Number of Wins

Concorde
Madison 9
South Lakes 7
Westfield 6
Chantilly 6
Centreville 4
Oakton 2

Liberty
Yorktown 8
Herndon 7
Langley 5
W&L 5
Marshall 4
McLean 3
Wakefield 1

National
Edison 9
Hayfield 7
Mt Vernon 6
Annandale 3
Lewis 2
Justice 2
Falls Church 2
Jefferson ?

Patriot
Fairfax 8
South County 8
Lake Braddock 7
West Springfield 5
Robinson 4
West Potomac 4
Alex City 3
WT Woodson 2

4 comments,
9 Wins for the Warkhawks is asking quite a bit with what graduated and I am a Madison homer.
Edison Eagles with 9 wins? Hope they do, but that seems high although the schedule is favorable.

Why is Freedom Woodbridge not listed on here

NoVa HS Football
@NoVaHSFootball1
Number of Wins

Concorde
Madison 9
South Lakes 7
Westfield 6
Chantilly 6
Centreville 4
Oakton 2

Liberty
Yorktown 8
Herndon 7
Langley 5
W&L 5
Marshall 4
McLean 3
Wakefield 1

National
Edison 9
Hayfield 7
Mt Vernon 6
Annandale 3
Lewis 2
Justice 2
Falls Church 2
Jefferson ?

Patriot
Fairfax 8
South County 8
Lake Braddock 7
West Springfield 5
Robinson 4
West Potomac 4
Alex City 3
WT Woodson 2

4 comments,

Madison probably has the toughest 6D schedule (w/ SC, LB, Robo, and SB plus Concorde District games)... and agree 9 wins is a strong forecast. They always seem to backfill with new, well coached kids, but senior WR Endicott is now at Vista Ridge in Colorado Springs (looks great BTW).

Robinson is an cypher right now with a new coach (a new offensive system?) Was Fairfax more than Rojas? Centreville will have more than 4 wins... no way they lost that much and South Lakes gained more. Westfield has been in the doldrums the past few years...

Last edited:
For the Concorde I see a lot of overall parity. Madison is probably the favorite at this point, but 2-4 are up for grabs.
Madison: I do not know what they have coming up but nine wins may be a stretch with their schedule. They had a lot of key players graduate.
South Lakes: They usually find a surprise or two so maybe they get to seven.
Westfield: Very young last year and will still be on the young side, but they could get to as high as eight wins with only two decent teams to play out of district. Homer comment- If last year's SO class has improved significantly they have the most upside from last year.
Chantilly: Six seems to be about what they historically win.
Centreville: Will be extremely young and not a lot of size as they lost a lot. The younger kids on JV/FR will have to perform or even four wins may not happen.
Oakton: The program was run into the ground a few years back and they are still in recovery mode.

Centreville also had a number of players transfer out since last fall - including two First Team All Region athletes: 2 year starter at QB (now at Champe HS) and their best defense player (a LB went private). I think that is probably why some are forecasting a tough season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT