ADVERTISEMENT

NSA dropping from D-2 to D-3 in 2015??

Aug 22, 2012
Has anyone heard any info on NSA moving down from D2 to D3 for the upcoming year. Also heard that Daniel Griffith, QB from Western Branch, is transferring over to NSA. Don't know if QB Wilson transferring from Great Bridge ran him out of WB or if Griffith had already planned to transfer and WB brought in Wilson to replace Griffith.

From the story that has been out there the parents were upset because the kid came from GB and is/has transferred Griffith to NSA.

To my knowledge, the divisions will remain the same for the upcoming year then the next cycle will kick in.

It was verified by a school administrator at NSA that their enrollment number dropped and the VISAA approved their request to be moved from d2 to d3 in football next year.

Interesting that the VISAA would allow that and hasn't allowed it in the past. The cycle for 2016-17 is the next change. I seem to remember a few schools petitioning to drop in years past and being denied.

The VISAA has allowed changes in division before... I believe it happened to John Paul the Great a couple of years ago. And Daniel Griffith is enrolled at NSA and has been working out with their coaches and players in prep for this fall. That gives NSA a "pretty good" LB corps!!!

ADVERTISEMENT