Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Oscar Smith

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Rematch of last years overtime win in the championship

After watching the highlights of the South Lakes vs Westfield game, it's VERY clear that Westfield enjoyed a great height advantage which they exploited to perfection. It really looked like men against boys!

Oscar Smith is not as small, l believe, but these matchups again will be key. Westfield is just keeping everyone else back to protect the quarterback. If their quarterback can get great protection, it could be a long day for Oscar Smith!

That being said, Smith has a tremendous defense which has proven to wear down powerful offenses all season long. Additionally, any inaccurate pass will be picked off by a group that has over 2 dozen interceptions!

On the other side, I think Smith enjoys a similar advantage but because of speed and with Shon Mitchell running their spread offense. But same as last year, turn overs and impact players like Kahlik Perry, DeAngelo White, Keshon Artis, etc which hopefully will make the difference for Smith.

I expect the same kind of game as last year, except that Westfield will not run at will the way they did in C'Ville!

After watching the highlights of the South Lakes vs Westfield game, it's VERY clear that Westfield enjoyed a great height advantage which they exploited to perfection. It really looked like men against boys!

Oscar Smith is not as small, l believe, but these matchups again will be key. Westfield is just keeping everyone else back to protect the quarterback. If their quarterback can get great protection, it could be a long day for Oscar Smith!

That being said, Smith has a tremendous defense which has proven to wear down powerful offenses all season long. Additionally, any inaccurate pass will be picked off by a group that has over 2 dozen interceptions!

On the other side, I think Smith enjoys a similar advantage but because of speed and with Shon Mitchell running their spread offense. But same as last year, turn overs and impact players like Kahlik Perry, DeAngelo White, Keshon Artis, etc which hopefully will make the difference for Smith.

I expect the same kind of game as last year, except that Westfield will not run at will the way they did in C'Ville!
Westfield is better than Colonial Forge so Oscar Smith will be in for a game again

I pick Westfield , Smith offense needs to have a big game vs Bayside Woodside and Colonial forge haven't seen much. Defense is great tho could be a last min game also

Reactions: OCBoy
Oscar Smith had similar point margins last year during the playoffs & quite frankly lit up Westfield's defense. They just couldn't stop their run game & were pretty worn down by the OT.

Westfield doesn't enjoy that advantage this year but they do have big receivers & have decided to protect Johnson at all cost.

I think the chess match will be whether Smith decides to pressure Johnson vs doubling their hideouts. And if Smith can continue to find the Big turnover, runbacks and defense stops that they've achieve all year long.

I expect another very close game Saturday, same as their previous 2 meetings. Whomever has the momentum the last 4 minutes of this game should come out the Victor.

Oscar Smith had similar point margins last year during the playoffs & quite frankly lit up Westfield's defense. They just couldn't stop their run game & were pretty worn down by the OT.

Westfield doesn't enjoy that advantage this year but they do have big receivers & have decided to protect Johnson at all cost.

I think the chess match will be whether Smith decides to pressure Johnson vs doubling their hideouts. And if Smith can continue to find the Big turnover, runbacks and defense stops that they've achieve all year long.

I expect another very close game Saturday, same as their previous 2 meetings. Whomever has the momentum the last 4 minutes of this game should come out the Victor.
Last year the first half belonged to Westfield the second half belonged to Oscar Smith

True. I felt sorry for Smith but as far as pure entertainment & drama, it doesn't get any better. As a fan, I'm hoping this rematch is going to be a thriller too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT