ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Matchups

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
D1
#4 St Christopher at #1 Benedictine (Sat, 1PM or 2PM)
#3 St John Paul the Great at #2 Bishop Ireton (Sat, 1PM)

D2
#4 Nansemond Suffolk at #1 St Anne's-Belfield (Fri, 7PM)
#3 Trinity Episcopal at #2 Bishop Sullivan (Fri, 7PM)

D3
#4 North Cross at #1 Fredericksburg Christian (Sat, 2PM)
#3 Christchurch at #2 Atlantic Shores (Fri, 7PM)

D4
#4 Blessed Sacrament-Huguenot at #1 Fuqua (Fri, 7PM)
#3 Kenston Forest at #2 Roanoke Catholic (Fri, 7PM)

Playoff Matchups

This post was edited on 11/2 10:43 PM by wgarlick

D2

Saw on maxpreps where STAB really put it to NSA in their regular season matchup... Was NSA missing some players or does STAB just matchup really well against them?

Also saw where Trinity beat Bishop Sullivan in the regular season, and I guess I have the same question on this one: was BSC at full health or was Trinity just better at that time in the season?

Re: D2

STAB should roll NSA again. NSA did have some injuries, but cannot match up with STAB completely healthy.

Bishop Sullivan / Trinity is a good match up. Bishop did have their running back go out in the game during the regular season and with him healthy, it is a toss up. Both great football teams.

STAB did lose to Bishop during the regular season, but from what I hear, STAB did not have their top 3 running backs for that game. I think STAB will take the D2 title over Bishop Sullivan, and the main reason is, Bishop cannot stop anyone on defense. Bishop gives up too many points and tries to outscore teams.

Actually NSA had a total of 10 players (not all starters) out for the STAB game. So I think if Lou can stop #9 and #13 he has a great shot a beating STAB and making it to the finals. As far as BSC and TES is concerned the score at halftime was 25-16, BSC and then BSC had their two top players drop which led to 34 points for TES in the second half and only 6 points for BSC. With everyone (hopefully) healthy for these four teams I really think the D2 state title is up for grabs....

After seeing BSC against First Flight early in the year, I really thought they would win the State Championship, and then when they beat STAB I really thought they would win it. Trinity must be really tough! I'm hoping to make it to their matchup with STAB next week... Good luck to Stab and Trinity, I hope it's a good game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT