ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who will win the 5A title?

Oct 27, 2006
It's tournament time and I can't believe there ain't no talk on the boards right now with all these big games going on. I thought Maury would make it back, but they got bounced early. I still don't understand why the south decided to do the tournament the way they do. Potomac and Henrico met for the title last year and are in the mix again. Norview lookin tough after beating Hampton like that and Freedom beat Wakefield. Who y'all got??

The two best 5A teams want get a chance to play each other HENRICO vs LC BIRD
This post was edited on 3/8 10:08 PM by mnwoodley

Don't know about that - isn't Potomac the defending champ? They are pretty solid once again.

Yeah, it seems like Potomac is forever in the state tournament each year. Can't count them out. They could totally repeat.

Henrico looks like they might be the best on paper and Norview is certainly a sleeper too. I still want to know who were the fools that voted for the south tournament format. Why do only 8 teams get in when the other regions do it differently and then matchup the 804 vs. 757, instead of overall? Makes no sense.

This post was edited on 3/7 12:47 PM by ERFootball#1

Originally posted by ERFootball#1:
I still want to know who were the fools that voted for the south tournament format. Why do only 8 teams get in when the other regions do it differently and then matchup the 804 vs. 757, instead of overall? Makes no sense.

This post was edited on 3/7 12:47 PM by ERFootball#1
I totally agree! who in their right mind would separate? Teams with better records get left out because of it.
hey VHSL, be consistent of once! At least do 5A the same way as 6A. I hate the way you have this set up!

6A South does the same thing. It's dumb. 6A North has the same amount of teams and 16 are able to qualify for the tournament and the conferences are matched up like normal. Not sure what happens in 4A.

I thought 6A was different, because the Richmond area only has only 4 6A teams currently. Varina, Dale, Cosby and James River. The rest are 3,4 and 5A.
I could be wrong, but I think 5A South is the only one that is split in two East / West. 1,2,3,4 and 6A are split into only 2 Regions. 5A is the only one that the North/South split has another split. (5A South is split East/West always pitting the 804 and 757 against each other).

This post was edited on 3/8 9:41 PM by springer76

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT