ADVERTISEMENT

News Private Schedule Week 2

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Friday

Collegiate at Trinity Episcopal (7pm at Huguenot)
Kenston Forest at Quantico
Randolph Macon at St Anne's-Belfield
Blessed Sacrament-Huguenot at North Cross
Portsmouth Christian at Hampton Roads Academy
Fredericksburg Christian at Isle of Wight
Fork Union at Georgetown Prep
Fishburne Military at Roanoke Catholic
Christchurch at Nansemond Suffolk

Saturday

Gilman at Bishop Sullivan
Greenbrier Christian at Norfolk Academy
Hargrave Military at Blue Ridge
St Christophers at Benedictine (at Goochland)
Pinecrest at Woodberry Forest
Bishop Ireton at Bishop O Connell
Paul VI at Flint Hill
Saint John Paul Great at Potomac School
Grace Christian at Massanutten Military
Norfolk Christian at Richmond Christian

A few games have my interest peaked. #1 Fredericksburg at IWA: Curious to see if Fredericksburg is back to being a legit contender after beating GCA 56-14 or if GCA is really down this year. #2 RMA at STAB: STAB barely got past Hargrave last week and I am curious to see if Hargrave has improved or STAB is down. #3 Norfolk Christian at Richmond Christian: Norfolk Christian thumped NSA and then got thumped by Norfolk Academy. Richmond beat Broadwater handily, but that was expected. Richmond has always been big, and with the talented athletes they bring in yearly from the Richmond area, they are usually tough. I have heard they brough in a RB from Cosby this year who reclassed.

Confused about the comments regarding Richmond Christian. "Always" been big. Talent they bring in "yearly" from Richmond...

They just started their varsity football program last year... So this is only their second year of existence for football. Just the words "always" and "yearly" are throwing me off. Sure, they will probably be big and sure they will probably bring in talent from Richmond, no doubt. Strangely, Maxpreps only shows them having 15 players on the roster and only one RB is listed, and he's a senior. So he couldn't have come in and re-classed from another school as a senior. And their schedule is only showing 8 games.... Then again, Fuqua only has 9 games this year and Catholic only has 9 games this year. Besides those three teams, what other D3 teams will make a push for the playoffs this year?

Fuqua, RC, Richmond, are the best three. Any other team in d3 will get blown out by any of those 3

What about Greenbrier and Portsmouth? If they are allowed to drop down and compete in D3 playoffs, will they be contenders?

Greenbrier no way, Portsmouth possibly. Portsmouth has good athletes and their schedule is week. They picked up two linemen from Lakeland and just recently picked up a rb from Churchland. PCS could possibly get 4th spot if, but will get blown out vs any of the top 3 teams.

So what is the deal with teams dropping down. This is some teams 3rd week of games and no decision has been made yet by VISAA?? So how are the hell are they going to do points/rankings if they don't even know what divisions some teams are in? After the NSA fiasco last year, no one has the gonads to make a decision? Leave the 2 teams where they are, neither will be relevant

Yeah. Typical VISAA. No spine. No one wants to make a decision. I really can't see why they keep waiting to let everyone know the decision. There are all kinds of reasons as to why the appeals shouldn't be granted for this year. Maybe next year if both PCS and GCA's enrollment numbers stay as low as they say they are. But dropping them now would affect all the other teams that have already scheduled games with PCS and GCA this fall. And with D2 probably having the most parity in VISAA football this year, every single little point is going to count. And I also heard both appeals came after the Aug 1st deadline stated in the rules...so really, this should be a non-issue. But, I'm not holding my breath. Most often VISAA can't get out of it's own way.

Maybe VISAA is waiting to see how the teams fair in their first few games of the season. If they both start off poorly. maybe they will not allow the appeals because neither will be relevant in either division they are put in. GCA has been outscored 56-14 and 66-35 and play Norfolk Academy this week, so they will be 0 and 3 and probably looking at a 2 win season. Portsmouth could fair a little better and I could see them getting to 5 and 5 by years end.

Richmond beat Broadwater handily, but that was expected. Richmond has always been big, and with the talented athletes they bring in yearly from the Richmond area, they are usually tough. I have heard they brough in a RB from Cosby this year who reclassed.

Being only the 2nd year they have had varsity football, hard to say they have ALWAYS been big. Plus the RB from COsby did not reclass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT