Hargrave Military at North Cross
Liberty Christian at Benedictine
Randolph-Macon at Potomac
Sidwell Friends at Flint Hill
St. Albans at St. Stephen's & St. Agnes
St. Christopher's at Collegiate
Virginia Episcopal at Christchurch

1601967.jpg

What's the playoff picture looking like going into the final week?

Also, which games have playoff implications?

This post was edited on 10/27 1:59 AM by Keith_Stone33

Re: What's the playoff picture looking like going into the final week?

Hey Keith, got a question. Have you been keeping up with Grace out of Staunton any this year?

Here is what I got, although not official..

Fuqua plays Broadwater
Roanoke Catholic plays Kenston Forest
BSH plays Trinity
IWA is off

Fuqua clinched #1 seed
RC clinched # 2 seed

HERE IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING.. (based on my calculations)

BSH can clinch #3 seed with a win *AND* BA loss
Broadwater can clinch #3 seed with a win *AND* BSH loss
IWA can clinch #4 seed with a BA win *AND* losses by BSH and KF
KF could get the #4 seed with a win * AND * losses by BA and BSH

for DIII I think only Hargrave at North Cross and Fishburne at Covenant have implications. Unless North Cross loses I don't think it matters though. i think thye have to lose for Covenant to have a chance to overtake them. Other games in DIII can only affect the seeding I believe.

Christchurch has clinched at least the 4 seed in the D3 playoffs, but with a win on Saturday against VES, they end up the 3 seed and a potential rematch against Atlantic Shores looms. Based on how that game went before, that'll be a heck of a Football game.

North Cross has to lose to allow Covenant to slip back into contention, from my understanding.

In D1, Collegiate must beat cross-town rival St. Chris to have a shot at slipping into the playoffs. That too will be a huge contest.

What happens if BSH, KF, and BR lose? Does IWA make the playoffs?

I have not gotten to see them play, but I did try to keep up with them. I was going to go to their Senior Day against Victory, but the game was either cancelled or postponed. It's actually not easy for the locals to watch them play as they still don't have a home stadium as the city of staunton rejected their request to lease Staunton Memorial Stadium (where R.E. Lee plays), and oddly enough, they are right across the street from the stadium (actually closer than RE Lee lol). They were going to have their senior day at Waynesboro High School.

I hope the 2nd year program makes it, as I enjoy watching local ball. A lot of the kids on the team have never played football before and they compete with soccer for numbers, so it was surprising to see them pick up a few wins. Like I said, I hope the program makes it, and hopefully they can find a place in staunton to play their home games, so they can get some support from the community.

Wonder if VSDB would let them play on their old field? Or the old R.E. Lee field..

Anyway, I was wondering if you happen to know if they're playing their schedule like they did last year in the sense that its a "varsity" program playing against JV squads? Or are they only playing their upper classmen against teams like Rappahannock County and, this week, vs. Craig County. If that question makes any sense lol.

Because they are projected to be the 5th seed they could jump BSH but not BA since both BA and IWA will have only played 9 games and BA based on my numbers has a .64 point lead

Since Broadwater, Isle of Wight, and Kenston will all wind up playing the same number of games, you can compare them based on their overall number of points rather than worrying about their rating. After last week's games, Broadwater and Isle of Wight should be headed into the final week with 37 guaranteed points apiece (accounting for Isle of Wight's bonus points for losing to Atlantic Shores), divided by 9 games for a minimum 4.11 rating if they get no more points. Kenston has 26 points, but their game against Roanoke Catholic is worth 13, which would give them at least 39 if they win.

Whichever of those three teams grabs the most points this week is probably going to be the 4-seed. In a scenario where Broadwater and Kenston both lose, Isle of Wight would probably come out on top.
This post was edited on 10/27 9:09 PM by MetroVCC6

I know the VSDB fields are still in use for activities like youth soccer, so that is possibly something for them to consider, and I would LOVE it if they played at the old RE Lee field, but they have turned that into a grass parking lot for some organization that has plays and concerts inside the building. The old school is also used as something like a retirement apartment type place now. I'm not old enough to remember when the games were played at the school (I have a deceased relative who went to Old Lee when they played the games there), but I remember the practices there. I think Lee High was a much better school when it was at the old building instead of the John Lewis building where it is now. The school spirit/fan support was much greater as well. The most recent athletics played on the field was by some soccer league, and that was shortly before the new owner pumped a bunch of money into that parking lot.

I'm not sure how they are doing their JV/Varsity teams this year and I was actually wondering the same thing... I was going to find out some things about their program at their Senior Day, but apparently they aren't going to reschedule it.

I asked at the beginning of the season because they played Massanutten. Word was they played a combination schedule, with underclassmen playing against the JV opponents and upperclassmen playing against the varsity opponents. But to have enough players, they also allow home-schooled kids from the area to play on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT