ADVERTISEMENT

Pulaski County 42, Northside 7

Pulaski County earned a 42-7 win over the Northside Vikings to open their season. Story at this LINK. Northside is a program that is still working hard to re-establish themselves, much like my Cougars. They have a group of players that are tough right now and will be a handful as they continue to grow.

While the Cougars did earn the win, there should be no beating of the chest or big celebrations. We won. We were supposed to win. There have been times in the past where we made more of a win like this than it needed to be. Those days are gone. Each game will be tougher. Each week will be a bigger test.

My Cougars are few in number, young overall, and still learning. While no reasonable person should expect them to be world beaters this year, the goal is to continue to show improvement each day and build some much needed depth with the younger players. Coach Akers and his staff are working hard to get the Cougars back to the program we used to have. The kids are working hard, on and off the field. The biggest thing I've noticed this season is the unselfish nature of the players as they are asked to take on different and sometimes multiple roles. If we can stay healthy, continue to improve each day, build that depth, and have just a little bit of luck ... this team could surprise a team or two if they overlook the Cougars.

Either way, I'll be there rooting for Pulaski County.

Since moving to Giles 20+ years ago and graduating there I’ve been a die hard Spartan. But I was born in Pulaski and lived there the earlier part of my life so I always root for them. Good luck this season Cougars!!

Pulaski County earned a 42-7 win over the Northside Vikings to open their season. Story at this LINK. Northside is a program that is still working hard to re-establish themselves, much like my Cougars. They have a group of players that are tough right now and will be a handful as they continue to grow.

While the Cougars did earn the win, there should be no beating of the chest or big celebrations. We won. We were supposed to win. There have been times in the past where we made more of a win like this than it needed to be. Those days are gone. Each game will be tougher. Each week will be a bigger test.

My Cougars are few in number, young overall, and still learning. While no reasonable person should expect them to be world beaters this year, the goal is to continue to show improvement each day and build some much needed depth with the younger players. Coach Akers and his staff are working hard to get the Cougars back to the program we used to have. The kids are working hard, on and off the field. The biggest thing I've noticed this season is the unselfish nature of the players as they are asked to take on different and sometimes multiple roles. If we can stay healthy, continue to improve each day, build that depth, and have just a little bit of luck ... this team could surprise a team or two if they overlook the Cougars.

Are they low in numbers as far as upper classmen, or low numbers over all?

Are they low in numbers as far as upper classmen, or low numbers over all?
Over all.
Jv numbers are on the low side for the size of the school. Will take a change in mindset with younger kids coming up for numbers to start growing. Also need kids to stop transferring out. Winning would help, I am sure. Usually solves more problems than losing.

Welcome back

Welcome back
Maybe. Pulaski beat Northside worse last year. They beat em 43-0 last year. Pulaski had some great showings some games and showed glimpses of trying to trend back towards the old Pulaski. Northside in game 1 last year was a nice showing and then the win over Bluefield, WV, last year was impressive. The Cougars just got to be consistent and they can be a dangerous team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT