ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget QB Taylor Eggers With Three Offers

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Quarterback Taylor Eggers is in his 2nd season at Trinity Episcopal. At 6-foot-4, he is one of the tallest quarterbacks in the senior class and he is only one of three 2019 quarterbacks with a star rating on RIvals.Com website.

Eggers has three offers and even more interests. Virginia Union, Clarion and Virginia University of Lynchburg are the schools that offered. Some of the schools showing interest include Morgan State, Richmond, Towson, Elon, VMI, Hampton, Robert Morris, Catawba, Delaware and New Hampshire. Eggers says he has put in the work to be a better quarterback in his senior year.

"Since the end of the season I have improved my footwork, decision making and overall body strength," Eggers said. "I have increased my arm strength and my ability to spread the ball around and throw it deep down the field. I am focused on football 24/7 which drives me to get better every day."

Eggers completed 126 of 258 passes for 1919 yards and 19 touchdowns against 14 picks. Most of his touchdowns, and over half of his completions, went to All-State receiver Tink Boyd who was a preferred walk-on to Virginia Tech. Boyd had 66 receptions and 15 touchdowns but Eggers believes the offense can improve on their 2018 numbers.

"Tink was a great overall receiver and we will truly miss him this year," Eggers said. "However, the new offense we have put in this year will enable me to get our receivers the ball at any given time and score. I have developed a great connection with my receivers Zach Shumate, Blake Keller, Jalen Smith, Ethan McCool, Reed Powell, Andrew Duhart, Joel Starlings and Walker Ferguson. I believe they will be great contributors this year."

After winning back-to-back state championships in 2014 and 2015, Trinity Episcopal has missed the playoffs the past two seasons as they moved up to the largest football division. Eggers hopes to lead the Titans to their 1st VISAA D1 playoff bid.

"My senior season will be the best ever due to the new offense and the defense which is shaping up to be good this year. From the workouts, to our practices; we are much more confident and stronger then we have been in the past several years. We are ready to make a run this year."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News