ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Radford

They shoot well beyond the arc. They hv a kid that's 6'9 & he can shoot 3s also.

Radford is also deep too. They play between 8-11 kids. Can play inside and outside. They also play very physical brand of D and are well coached.

Reactions: AntGZee
I've been faithfully watching the Bobcats since 1998 and I can tell you this is the best D I have ever seen them have. Your not going to see eye catching stats. I don't anyone has had more than 25 points in one game because they distribute the ball well. All 5 starters can shoot the three. Radford has 3 freshman that come off the bench and play well. Of course there is Blake Burdack who do it all and is D1 talent. Decent tough schedule but only 2 games that pushed Radford to the limit. They generally play man to man defense.

So what is the word on Radford moving to 2A? I know there was some light talk about it for 2017, but it hasn't been in any VHSL minutes I've seen. I know they are a fairly large 1A, but didn't know they had grown to that extent. Was it all just talk?

As far as I know, Radford is scheduled to go to 2A. The 3 Rivers District is adding 2 2A schools in Carroll Co and James River while losing two 1A schools in E. Mont and Auburn.

WoW !!! He's even better then that kid in 2004 for Radford that went to WVU ? I seen a lot of good Radford teams but they never seen to get over the hump . They could never beat AltaVista anyways and those Radford teams where loaded.

Yes they are 0-2 versus AltaVista in state championship games. This squad is better than the squad in 2014. This team doesn't have a Darris Nichols that is for sure. They have balanced scoring. For instance the other night against Covington Q. Morton (a freshman) had 17 to lead scoring. M.Finley lead our scoring with 25 against Martinsville. Every person on the team scored the other night against Covington. I didn't say this was Radford's best squad (that would be 2009) this is Radford's best defensive squad.

It was two years ago .Altavista build up a pretty good lead then almost blew it . We'll see what happens lots of basketball left to play .

Let's see how it goes if Radford and Honaker face one another.

If Radford can shoot the ball from the 3 point line and play D like they did against Martinsville, they are going to be a tough out for anybody. They play alot of kids, play good team ball, and are well coached. They are physically tough on D, they are not afraid to step in and take charge and on offense they always seem to make the extra pass to find the open shooter. Also the 6'8" kid is not just a inside banger, he can step out and drain the 3 also. Very solid team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT