ADVERTISEMENT

Rappahannock 57 Northumberland 48 Final

No problem, it's my pleasure. In football I coach, so basketball season is my time to be a fan and just enjoy everything with no pressure. I follow the entire state in basketball season. There were some years that I'd travel all over the state to watch games, and in the process, I made tons of connections that I still keep in contact with

Reactions: uvacavs1
RAPP and CB are having great seasons as we all now know.

I really am at a loss as to what has happened to Northumberland so far this season. I expected them to be a state contender before the season began. Now NHS and Essex play this Thursday to not be in last place in the NND.

Lack of Chemistry? Poor shooting? No consistency?

NHS evidently really misses their best shooter Joseth Tarleton, a three point ace, who graduated and their best rebounder from last season, tough and strong Karas Smith, who transferred to a school in California, plus some others more than expected. Smith also was really strong in Football and Soccer as well for NHS.

Maybe NHS can peak at playoff time.....gonna be tough but it could be done.

I'm not sure what is happening. I had them picked to at least make it to the state semis this year. Not saying they still won't, but they'll likely get a lower than expected seed in the Region tournament

Sounds like the Indians pulled within 2 at the start of the 4th. Then Rapp pulled away.

Congrats to the Raiders. This should make them 14-2 overall (5-1 in Neck ball).

Raiders need to keep winning so that they get a great high seed.

I'm not sure what is happening. I had them picked to at least make it to the state semis this year. Not saying they still won't, but they'll likely get a lower than expected seed in the Region tournament

NHS needs to come together, play good team ball, get their shots to fall, and stay out of foul trouble it seems.

Well, on the bright side, Northumberland JV is undefeated at 10-0.
JV has won a ton of games the last 3 1/2 seasons, like 50 to 60.

Surry looks to be the top seed and in my opinion, the best team in the state. I think the key will be getting in the opposite bracket from them.

#3 for NHS got ejected that will hurt them against Essex & their next opponent.

Yes that will hurt NHS indeed. #3 is Palmer (All State in Basketball and Football).

IMO, Palmer is under pressure to attempt to carry his team as they have been struggling.

From what I have heard, during away games especially, refs are really calling fouls on him and against the two top NND teams, technical fouls which NHS felt were unfair.

I was not there to try and make an unbiased opinion (yes, I know when my team is at fault, thought it is hard to be unbiased lol).

Was this ejection warranted? Please try to be neutral.

Techs tonight werent warranted but the refs called techs both ways on the same type of incident so cant say they were one sided

First one was for staring/taunting after he blocked a shot. The Rappahannock player had earlier gotten a technical for the same thing however. The 2nd one I couldn't tell exactly what happened but there was talking going on. That one essentially allowed Rappahannock to put it away at the free throw line.

Never count Lancaster out. WL is talented but never seems to be able to win when it counts. Northumberland appears to not play as a team. Rapp is a very good team that put themselves in bad situations. Colonial beach has burst on the scene from obscurity, seems to he very disciplined. Essex is looking for an identity while getting use to their new (old) Coach. Can anyone of them beat Surry? I think realistically the top 3 teams have a very good chance. Surry plays with 4 guards and a big. If you haven't seen them they are all over the court. Very aggressive and there's alot of similarities to the nneck of old. Any given night!

Oh boy. Here we go.

Think what you want - Please go back and look - I have given all credit to CB and Rapp this season for their outstanding play and coaching jobs. I will pull for them in the playoffs, or Coach Rice from LHS or whatever Neck team makes it to play Surry.

I have consistently said NHS is NOT playing well as a team and have been critical of their play while trying not to be too negative.

As for Palmer, I have only seen a few home games. No foul trouble. As I said, I was not present at these other games. I just heard about them. That is why I asked for a neutral opinion.

Some other teams are doing well - Northumberland is playing overall horrible. I guess that is another excuse for losing.

Hmm.. maybe it is the reason they are losing.

Northumberland is playing bad but still been in every single game except for the two colonial beach games. Games that could’ve went both ways. A win tonight and a win Saturday should hopefully bring back confidence in this team. Tonight against Essex is a must win!! I still wouldn’t want to play these guys early in the playoffs

That is true. NHS lost to LHS and RHS close. So it is possible.

I heard NHS had a lot of turnovers v Rapp. Like just throwing the ball away. Mistakes like that.

Do you think that the expectations were too high for Northumberland for this season or that NHS is just not playing up to their ability?

Or are the other teams just better and NHS is doing the best they can.

I think teams are just better, Rapp played without their big man (starting cemter) and was still able to pull out the win

That is true. NHS lost to LHS and RHS close. So it is possible.

I heard NHS had a lot of turnovers v Rapp. Like just throwing the ball away. Mistakes like that.

Do you think that the expectations were too high for Northumberland for this season or that NHS is just not playing up to their ability?

Or are the other teams just better and NHS is doing the best they can.

The northern neck teams are pretty even to me. Northumberland stop turning the ball over make easy shots and get 50/50 balls we might be having a different conversation about them right now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT