ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Recruiting Update Kyle Bilodeau

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Woodberry Forest tight end Kyle Bilodeau received an offer from North Carolina State last season after a big sophomore season. Last year he had a drop in receptions but he still made All-State at tight end with his all around play.

"Yeah this season was tough since we only played nine games and I had ankle problems all season. We had a new coach, new quarterback and we lost some guys up front. I only got the ball thrown my way 19 times and completed 17 of them for 190 yards."

With less passes thrown his way, Bilodeau helped the Tigers offense in other ways. He says it is clear what part of his game he improved on the most.

"Blocking. I knew going into the season the main thing I needed to improve on was blocking and I definitely got a ton better," Bilodeau said. "My physicality and technique improved drastically. In our final game against Episcopal we definitely faced the best defensive front all season and I dominated."

Bilodeau has the ability to be used in different ways on the field whether it's his blocking or catching and with athleticism. He ran a 4.7 40, 4.28 Shuttle, has a 33' verticle and a 9’10” broad jump. While he has an ACC offer from north Carolina State in hand, Bilodeau is on the radar of several other Power 5 schools.

"I’m working on securing Clemson, Vanderbilt and others," Bilodeau explained. "Michigan St and Virginia Tech have joined the equation as they have shown much more interest."

While he had a busy off-season last season, he says he is planning more trips during this most important off-season...before the start of his senior season.

"I’m going to visit Clemson, Penn State, Vanderbilt, and NC State for sure and I will probably camp at all the schools I am most interested in," Bilodeau said. "It just depends on how these next few months go with recruiting."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News