ADVERTISEMENT

Region 6B VHSL Ratings - Oct. 31st

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
VHSL released their ratings this morning... With the regular season finales this week, here is how we are looking...

#1 35.7 Colonial Forge
#2 34.2 Manchester
#3 29.6 Thomas Dale
#4 26.7 Franklin
#5 26.3 Clover Hill
#6 25.4 Cosby
#7 22.0 Riverbend
#7 22.0 James River

Playoff picture currently is...

#7 Riverbend at #2 Manchester
#6 Cosby at #3 Thomas Dale
#5 Clover Hill at #4 Franklin

VHSL released their ratings this morning... With the regular season finales this week, here is how we are looking...

#1 35.7 Colonial Forge
#2 34.2 Manchester
#3 29.6 Thomas Dale
#4 26.7 Franklin
#5 26.3 Clover Hill
#6 25.4 Cosby
#7 22.0 Riverbend
#7 22.0 James River

Playoff picture currently is...

#7 Riverbend at #2 Manchester
#6 Cosby at #3 Thomas Dale
#5 Clover Hill at #4 Franklin

@CRF4Dan you taking James River in the upset? If I spot you 42 pts?

Seriously, what do you think about the 4 / 5 match up? You leaning toward CH or Franklin?

@CRF4Dan you taking James River in the upset? If I spot you 42 pts?

Seriously, what do you think about the 4 / 5 match up? You leaning toward CH or Franklin?

Sorry, I like a good Cindarella story as much as anyone but I don't think you will find it in the Manchester-James River matchup...

I'm looking at teams I'm unfamiliar with as we speak and I think Franklin is beatable. Right now I'm leaning Clover Hill but I need to see and read up on Franklin a little more before I make a final determination.

Reactions: mbonape1
"I'm looking at teams I'm unfamiliar with as we speak and I think Franklin is beatable. Right now I'm leaning Clover Hill but I need to see and read up on Franklin a little more before I make a final determination."

Franklin County (nobody calls them Franklin) has been better than expected this year with a defense that has matched up well with everyone except E.C. Glass. Coach Edwards prefers to run the ball on offense, but has opened it up some with QB Shane Grindstaff late in the season. It was the passing game that allowed them to move the ball and upset G.W. Danville.
What can you tell me about Clover Hill? I have no idea what to expect Friday night.

Reactions: lyhsports
How is the Clover Hill defense? Franklin County will only throw the ball if they think they cannot have success with the run.

There IS a Franklin HS (Broncos) in Class 1. It's out in the area along RT 58 about 1/2 way between Norfolk & Emporia.

They went 9-1 & they only lost to Park View SH. They play Washington & Lee Friday.

There IS a Franklin HS (Broncos) in Class 1. It's out in the area along RT 58 about 1/2 way between Norfolk & Emporia.

They went 9-1 & they only lost to Park View SH. They play Washington & Lee Friday.
I am aware of Franklin, which is why I tried to distinguish Franklin County, Class 6 located on Route 220 between Roanoke and Martinsville.

"I'm looking at teams I'm unfamiliar with as we speak and I think Franklin is beatable. Right now I'm leaning Clover Hill but I need to see and read up on Franklin a little more before I make a final determination."

Franklin County (nobody calls them Franklin) has been better than expected this year with a defense that has matched up well with everyone except E.C. Glass. Coach Edwards prefers to run the ball on offense, but has opened it up some with QB Shane Grindstaff late in the season. It was the passing game that allowed them to move the ball and upset G.W. Danville.
What can you tell me about Clover Hill? I have no idea what to expect Friday night.

They have played well against teams they should beat and struggled against better teams. They are 5-5 but it is their first year under Coach Bryan Jennings(brother of former NFLer Greg Jennings).

They are not to be taken lightly, they play some good defense, Chauncey Saunders and Dalton Collins are legit. Dalton plays middle linebacker and never quits, just keeps coming at you. Saunders can play on the line or at linebacker, he led the team in tackles in 2017... I don't have his stats for this year.

CJ Houston on offense is a beast, watch out for CJ Houston...

Those are the names you need to be on the lookout for.

Playing in the Dominion District against the likes of Bird, Manchester, Monacan, etc... they have faced some stiff competition. They are battle tested. They should not be taken lightly.

With the exception of the Salem Spartans, Franklin County has not faced the overall competition Clover Hill has week in and week out. The competion of the Piedmont does not even come close to the Dominion District. CH should be prepared for this battle, but they have been a bit inconsistent.

@FCEagle90, I agree with your synopsis of the Franklin County defense. They have gotten better every week. Not sure they can win this game by pounding the ball against Clover Hill. Need to have a balanced attack. Clover Hill needs to use its speed and tempo to wear down Franklin County.

Both coaches are talented and are rebuilding their programs. This should be tight game, but I believe the team speed of CH will win out against a physical FC. 28-21

Good luck to both teams.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Coach Jennings is the Brother of Rashad Jennings. No relation to Greg Jennings. He was my 7th grade PE teacher at Linkhorne Middle school in Lynchburg many years ago.

Coach Jennings is the Brother of Rashad Jennings. No relation to Greg Jennings. He was my 7th grade PE teacher at Linkhorne Middle school in Lynchburg many years ago.

I had heard heard Greg Jennings about a year ago. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT