Region A Baseball

All games are 05/26 @ 6pm @ higher seed

1. Rappahannock vs 8. Colonial Beach
4. Mathews vs 5. Essex
3. Northumberland vs 6. Middlesex
2. Lancaster vs 7. Chincoteague

Last edited:
Reactions: REDDEVILS00
To follow the normal pattern that these things have, Chincoteague would have to be the number 7 seed, wouldn't they, instead of 8?

In Region 1B baseball, the current standings are (in order) Surry, Riverheads, Buffalo Gap, Lunenburg, Rapp Co, William Campbell. As I understand it, those six would make the playoffs with the top two receiving first round byes. However, when you look at the standings it appears that everybody is in bold print, except for the top two. So, correct me if I am wrong, but I am taking that to mean that there must be a chance for Riverheads to overtake Surry for the top spot if they beat SD tomorrow. I am not one to follow these points and try to stay ahead of them but that would appear to be the case. So if the Gladiators do in fact still have a shot at the number one seed, I am sure they are very much hoping to still get tomorrow's game played.

Yes with a win Riverheads would take over the number one spot. How is the competition in region B this year? In A it will it very well could be a toss up Rappahannock is definitely the favorite. But Northumberland and Lancaster split games with them. Essex split games with Northumberland and Lancaster. Mathews will be a dark horse as well.

Riverheads and BG are the only Class 1 teams in our district. So most of our schedule is made up of Class 2 and 3 teams. RHS gets its points each year in any sport when they can beat those higher teams. This year we swept Staunton and Waynesboro (both 3) and we have single wins over Fort Defiance (3) and Buffalo Gap. We beat everybody on our non-district schedule, which included Alleghany, Covington, Glenvar and Luray. We are definitely peaking at the right time it would appear. As for the Bison, the other Class 1 team, both games went down to the wire, with them winning 8-6 at their place and we won 7-6 at home. So for a third-seeded team, they will not be an easy out.

Essex swept Lancaster, split with Northumberland (loss was by 1 run), and lost twice to Rappahannock in extra innings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT