ADVERTISEMENT

Region A Semi-final: Thomas Dale vs. Manchester

Who wins?

• Thomas Dale

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Manchester

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
I'll take a stab at this since no one else will. I'll go Manchester 34 - 28. Outside of the HSHS game Manchester had a pretty weak schedule due to their district being down, but they scored more against HSHS than any other team has. They dominated how a great team should have. Thomas Dale navigated a tough schedule even with the QB injury and kept it rolling with a very impressive wins against Dinwiddie, Hopewell, and Matoaca. At this point though I just trust a Tom Hall led team over a T Dale team that I think has unperformed in some recent years.

Spot on @GoBlue2109. I really would like for Dale to get the dub. Manchester has the skilled defensive backs to shut down the Dale passing game and I just don't think Tyree will have much success running the ball. Dale has a pretty stout defense, but Manchester will make them defend the pass and run game. This diversity is where Manchester has the advantage. Coach Tucker always gets his boys to the floor; however, his teams never complete the dance. Coach Hall has won these games before. Manchester wins this one 28-14.

Last edited:
I'll take a stab at this since no one else will. I'll go Manchester 34 - 28. Outside of the HSHS game Manchester had a pretty weak schedule due to their district being down, but they scored more against HSHS than any other team has. They dominated how a great team should have. Thomas Dale navigated a tough schedule even with the QB injury and kept it rolling with a very impressive wins against Dinwiddie, Hopewell, and Matoaca. At this point though I just trust a Tom Hall led team over a T Dale team that I think has unperformed in some recent years.
I’ll take an even bigger stab! No question Thomas Dale is battle tested. I thought losing the quarterback would be their downfall, but my opinion….this quarterback is better. I really think it hurt more on defense than it did offense. They’ve definitely showed the ability to play 4 full quarters. Manchester has proven they can go toe to toe with ANYONE when they battled with HSHS. BUT,they really haven’t faced any LEGIT competition since then. They are well coached,and their talent has proven itself.

Both teams could win the region!

I’ll take Manchester… Dale has been flirting with danger the last few weeks. Manchester can run and throw and is very well balanced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT