ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Region Top 10 & More

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
So now that we have three games under our belt, I will be putting out the Richmond Region Rankings and once more as I did last year, noting the playoff picture from week to week...

When looking at the rankings, keep this in mind, first and foremost, I rank by record, that's how I have done it for thirteen years now. By the end of the season, the best always rise to the top.

Richmond Region Rankings:
1st LC Bird 3-0
2nd Atlee 3-0
3rd Manchester 4-0
4th Highland Springs 3-0
5th Hermitage 3-0
6th Cosby 3-0
7th Hanover 3-0
8th Henrico 3-0
9th Prince George 3-0
10th Armstrong 3-0

11th Monacan 3-1
12th Hopewell 2-1
13th Dinwiddie 2-1
14th Douglas Freeman 2-1
15th Colonial Heights 2-1
16th Matoaca 1-2
17th Thomas Dale 1-2
18th Varina 1-2
19th JR Tucker 1-2
20th Clover Hill 1-2

21st Patrick Henry 1-2
22nd Lee-Davis 1-2
23rd Mills Godwin 1-2
24th Petersburg 1-2
25th George Wythe 1-2
26th Glen Allen 1-2
27th James River 1-3
28th Meadowbrook 0-3
29th John Marshall 0-3
30th Thomas Jefferson 0-3

31st Deep Run 0-3
32nd Huguenot 0-4
33rd Midlothian 0-4

Now let's talk playoffs, as of right now 20 of the 33 schools that play in the Richmond Region would be in but there is one big notable absence... Now keep in mind, this is the playoff picture as of today, as of the "Unofficial" VHSL Ratings brought to us by VirginiaPreps. The official ratings will be released on Monday.

3A-East
Armstrong would return to the playoffs for a second straight season as the third seed and would host #14 William Monroe!

Colonial Heights would make the playoffs for the first time since 2005 and go on the road as the 10th seed to face 7th seeded James Monroe.

Hopewell and Petersburg would return to the playoffs yet again and play one another, Hopewell as the 4th seed, Petersburg as the 13th seed.

The stunner for me, winless Huguenot would be in as the 15th seed and play 2nd seeded Lafayette.

4A-East
Dinwiddie would return to the playoffs but have to go on the road as the 12th seed against #5 Kings Fork

Hanover would host a playoff game as the second seed against 15th seeded Smithfield

JR Tucker would have the misfortune of being the 16th seed and playing at top seeded Lake Taylor

Monacan would host 11th seeded Booker T. Washington as the sixth seed.

5A-North
Patrick Henry would return to the playoffs for the first time since the 2008 season as the 14th seed at 3rd seeded Massaponax.

5A-South
Hermitage would be the top seed in a tiebreaker over Bird and host 8th seeded Douglas Freeman

LC Bird would host 7th seeded Prince George as the second seed

Henrico would return to the playoffs for the first time since 2004 as a 6th seed against 3rd seeded Manchester

Highland Springs would return to the playoffs and face a familiar foe in 4th seeded Atlee

6A-South
Cosby would make their second playoff appearance on the road as the top seed against 8th seeded Thomas Dale in a rematch of the season opener for both.

Anyone notice someone missing? As of right now, Varina would not make the playoffs as the ratings stand now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT